Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.. Who here bought this new Superyacht named TSLA? 🤑

tsla-superyacht.jpg

Fixed that for you.

Haven’t heard it before either except in this forum. Perhaps we are a bit out of touch.

Anyway, i wonder how the institutions are digesting the P&D, gigafest and the new upgrades.

Really? I'm an old, out of date relic as compared to the internet, and even I knew what it means. I've seen it on every forum I've ever read. In fact, some of the most humorous posts are FTFY or FIFY (fixed it for you) posts.

On my way home from the GrĂĽnheide Volksfest.

My impression from talking to visitors there:

This event was very important and successfull to show the general public who Tesla is and what they are doing. Very good PR. The employees there were allowed to talk and all praised Tesla as an employer.

Tesla will be a Good citizen of GrĂĽnheide, Brandenburg and Germany. This is the perception the fair has created.

I have been on the Fremont factory tour (twice), but this here is much more advanced.

I was also surprised pictures and even video was allowed everywhere. No NDAs to sign, everybody was very communicative.

I heard (but could not verify) that close to 1 million people applied for a ticket. 10,000 were allowed to attend. I am grateful to have been one of the chosen few.
Just to add another important point to your assessment.
Aside from the great PR, it was also a great political move.
We know that some “special interest groups” have been sponsoring lobbying groups to delay (or worse) the opening of this factory. They have spent a year+ On objections and trying to claim the public is not happy with the environmental impact....
This GigaFest showed the politicians that an overwhelming amount of the general citizens are excited for Tesla to come into town.
(Although politicians know Tesla is a good move, they still need the public perception thing to make things go smoothly)

Really? I'm an old, out of date relic as compared to the internet, and even I knew what it means. I've seen it on every forum I've ever read. In fact, some of the most humorous posts are FTFY or FIFY (fixed it for you) posts.
I had to google it a few years ago, but this is the only forum I have ever followed. Can’t imagine what else would be worth following. Maybe I need to get some more hobbies.

Thanks for sharing. It doesn’t seem to have the beefy flared fenders of the Model S Plaid. Maybe it’s just the photo.
Is the Plaid X actually wider than the regular X was? By how much?

(Asking because I know how much it costs to replace mirrors and straighten garage door rails.)

Last edited:

As a manufacturing guy this was the most amazing thing I learned from Giga Berlin tweets.

I can imagine this evolving to most of the interior over time. Really cool.

Now I know why VW was so concerned about Giga Berlin. I am sure they have a lot of this information from suppliers or former employees.

This is undoubtedly what the pic is telling us, but when I very first saw the tweet I thought how funny it would've been if 2 guys had been carrying those 2 seats to a different area when someone yelled at em "Tour is coming, get outta here!" and they just set them down on top of the battery pack :)

Cool video. Shows a big boom in US auto production during the Clinton years and again during the Obama years, and crashes during the Bush and Trump years, and the rest of the time US auto production is flat.

And holy cow China.
China is a given, a billion new consumers, until recently-little safety or emission regs so lots of cars with any sort of metric- free market at work. The really interesting and sad thing is to see Japan. Such huge production (compared to Germany) and head in sand about EVs. This could bankrupt Japan. It will be interesting to see how fast they can pivot but overall I'm not hopeful given Japan Incs previous track records on TVs, Phones, semiconductors

I think it is a large pool of trolls over there. Certainly 2 work for other companies in the AI self driving space. Anyway, I agree that whole section of the forum is best skimmed at the most or just ignore.
I wandered into another section of TMC, and it made me appreciate y'all even more.

As I've been anxiously awaiting 10.2, I thought I'd visit the FSD/autonomy portion of the forum for more detail on the progress and intelligent discussion. What I found was just a cesspool of whiny, entitled morons pissed off over a few day delay, oblivious to the fact that Tesla employees are working their butts off throughout the weekend to deliver a safe, high quality product to them. Here's one example, with his name removed so that he never finds his way over here.

It made me realize that the investor forum is a unique part of TMC in that it attracts people that as opposed to just being owners of the product, are also owners in the company and most importantly believers in the mission as well. This drives much more intelligent discussion than what exists in other parts of this site.

TLDR- Thanks to all of you in this investor forum for not being idiots.

The one thing I do not understand is why MB did not invest in TSLA when it was undervalued but he went in a short position when he considered it overvalued.
He was investing in water, why didn't he invest in Apple while everyone was buying homes? He was 2 years early on the housing thing. If he'd bought options on Apple he'd have done better than shorting the housing market.

There are literally hundreds of incredible buys out there. The key point is that he was not part of TelsaQ. He was not shorting Tesla when it was at 250 (pre split). I'd suggest reading up on him though. His continued concern re the pricing of Cathy Woods ARK is, to me, one of the biggest points an investor needs to understand if they are really going all in on Tesla.

Dear Fellow TMCers,How do we all reliably get on the invite list for TerraTexasFest ?
Give up your day job, become a Twitter personality, cultivate followers maniacally, tweet your innermost feelings, tag Elon on every tweet, post pictures of yourself in bathrooms, then pathetically beg for an invite.