Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like Gary in the sense he is like in the top .1% of tesla commentators with actual related finance experience which at one point required a kind of St. Aquinas style rigor which most people do not possess however..

he suffers substantially from the problem of wanting to assign high confidence to very specific hypotheses and I don't have any respect for that in this particular line of work.

One cannot claim with confidence pretty much anything that goes on on a daily basis. If one could then it would be like walking around in Willy Wonka land picking up 100 dollar bills as fast as possible and none of the claimants exhibit this. This goes as well for TA claimants. I'm richer than all of them with only a few hundred trades in 20 years. I texted my sister this just the other day. That clearly does not require pointed knowledge about the vicissitudes of highly non linear noise.

Just kidding my net worth is 100 dollars and I have a sleeping bag and a tungsten cube and big hopes.

My good friend and fellow investor took delivery of a SR 3 yesterday afternoon. It’s beautiful…and in the Frunk was a handwritten (drawn) note that said “new batch”.

I’m guessing this was in reference to a LFP pack? There is no indication otherwise of being LFP.

Attachments

• FA85FD49-BDF0-434A-B395-ECC09E55D3AF.jpeg
    FA85FD49-BDF0-434A-B395-ECC09E55D3AF.jpeg
    931.7 KB · Views: 118
My good friend and fellow investor took delivery of a SR 3 yesterday afternoon. It’s beautiful…and in the Frunk was a handwritten (drawn) note that said “new batch”.

I’m guessing this was in reference to a LFP pack? There is no indication otherwise of being LFP.
How strange. Why do you think it represents LFP pack? And what's this ------ circled. Electrons? Maybe a new pack of smokes? I give.

Reactions: FireMedic

Were there cookies in the frunk?

Question to my good friends here - I have a chance to drive through Austin tomorrow, so want to drive by the Giga Austin to take a look. Any advice on best way to take in the splendor of the Gigafactory?

Why post in investment thread? Well clearly this is research to back up all my investment in TSLA 😀
Take Highway 130 North. The Giga is just north of the junction with Texas 71. 130 is the divided highway that parallels the Giga. The Northbound lane is the one closest. The exit ramp halfway along the Giga used to be for Harold Green Road, though it might be renamed now. Looks like you can take that exit and circle the Giga, or at least the employee parking lot. Not sure where barriers/gates are.

1639119564434.png

Last edited:
Yes, well, ah, but I actually disagree, not to be difficult but to show just how far ahead Tesla is.

Let's review:

1. MBZ is, IIRC, the oldest car brand on the planet, well over 100 years old?
2. They've had almost a full decade to dissect Tesla's Model S's, to include Ravens (since 2019).
3. They have, supposedly, the best engineers on the planet.
4. Yet their purpose-built, from the ground up, EQS can't come close to the range of the previous generation Model S?!?
More telling, they use a 115 kWh battery to lose to Tesla's 100 kWh battery. Non-EV people don't realize how much longer it takes to charge a car on a road trip when it uses a bigger battery to achieve less range.

The EQS 580 is not expected to be available until mid-2022. Bjorn must have a pre-production model? The 2021 EQS 450+ sedan is only available in very limited quantities. Warranty is only 50,000 miles, price is high, I don't expect to see many of these on the road helping out the mission. They are probably being sold at a loss for the emission credits and to gain experience with EV's.

Question to my good friends here - I have a chance to drive through Austin tomorrow, so want to drive by the Giga Austin to take a look. Any advice on best way to take in the splendor of the Gigafactory?

Why post in investment thread? Well clearly this is research to back up all my investment in TSLA 😀
For me, this worked.

Drive north to south on the main road.
Drive east on the road just south of the factory. There is some private ranch at the end of that road, but you can park and walk looking at the factory to the north.
Return to the main road and drive north on the access road. There is a vantage point near the northwest corner of the building (there was a tent there when I visited).

People say this information is not trustworthy.

A source close to IDRA, the supplier of Giga Press, stated that Tesla will die-cast all four doors of the vehicle in the next step, instead of the traditional stamping process. cz the efficiency of die casting is higher than that of stamping.

I would have to build maybe 3 prototypes and evolve the design a bit to know if this is true.

Does anyone know the yield strength of the as cast aluminum?

The strength of Tesla's castings will be whatever Tesla engineers want it to be depending upon whether they want more strength or lighter weight. Pound for pound it's stronger, stiffer and more corrosion resistant than steel. So, they will probably design it to be stronger, lighter and stiffer. All good, especially if it can be made cheaper due to less floor space, fewer robots and less time and labor.

ugh still plenty to go

i think elon just wants to rough us up a little bit to ensure we stay battle hardened…make us feel more like part of the real tesla team. you know, it’s a hard mission.

I still think the most likely way Elon's selling will end is suddenly and unexpectedly when we learn he sold the last of it all at once through two or three large private sales to other billionaires or large funds who decided they didn't have nearly enough TSLA. Once this becomes apparent, the price will gap up massively. The news would almost certainly occur when the market is closed so most of the profits will go to those who took a chance in advance.

Obviously not guaranteed, but I think it's likely.

Last edited: