Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New V11 UI seems to have full screen FSD visualization. Is it for everyone now ? Musk tweeted few weeks back that everyone will get FSD visualization when we are out of beta.

Also considering that in last investor meeting they specifically told everyone that FSD going wide release is the next step and will increase profitability.

Should I raise my eyebrows ?

Reactions: navguy12
Don't count on it, the whole market might start the supposed 'Santa Clause rally' today (or continue it from yesterday) which is supposed to last into early Jan.

I'm watching $1020 as a support level today and Max Pain is showing that $1100 might be target today as there is a higher wall. This post may not age well though ;)
Today was great! Onto next week! I'm hoping to end the year with a new ATH and @Curt Renz can ring it in!

if you did it that way you are doing it wrong. You install as much solar cover as the spot allows but no more. You then sell back power when it is not in use and offset usage at the location.
I thought the premise was installing chargers + solar in remote locations that may not have access to the grid. That's why I suggested to instead do the installs in places that are already attached to the grid. Given this, I think you and I are mostly in agreement.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Well that's that. I think an iPad works better anyway (while the car is in motion)
More free advertising for Tesla ... courtesy NHTSA :p... you can play games in a Tesla... say whaaaat 😂

oh you cant do it while driving ... well that would be pretty stupid any way at the moment ... wait they are working on self driving and they could turn it back on with an OTA update ...

Where did you get this rate from? Charge curves? I have no hard data to back this up, but anything above 75kW average at Tesla supercharging stations would be surprising to me.
I pulled the number out of my hat, partly assuming many people will charge like Kyle Conner (from Out of Spec Motoring) to minimize time spent at the chargers. If you think 75 kW or even 50 kW is a better estimate, I won't argue. My main point was that putting expensive and possibly fragile installations in remote locations may not be be best plan, especially if those installations are seen as serving the elite.

Mention of Tesla in BBC article on effects of Brexit, lack of EU car imports, instead Tesla USA/China imports

"Interestingly non-EU imports are up 16% over the same time period, and part of that is down to Tesla cars imported from the US and China."

Well that's that. I think an iPad works better anyway (while the car is in motion)
Why the misrepresentation from Teslarati? To pursue a false Tesla narative? Shame.
The game view full screen used in their article (below left image) was only possible when the car is in Park.
The game partial view screen that allowed Passengers to play games when car is in Drive is shown bottom right image. All the car's vitals and controls remain visible and the portion of the game screen simply replaced that of the map area. Also note that verbal commands from anything like setting the music to setting the temperature to tuning on the windshied wipers allow the Driver to keep their eyes on the road. The voice command features in Tesla EVs are vastly underrated and under appreciated by those driving non-Teslas. These are amazing safety features.
Still, I agree with the decision of Tesla to forgo the games on the main screen (rear screens on upgraded Model S and X should be fair game). Just don't make it sound like Tesla had its drivers driving with horse blinders on, this was never the case.
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 8.16.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 8.16.04 PM.png

Forward Observing

@Artful Dodger and or other Tesla historians and fact checkers.

Q ~ didn’t Tesla buy the robotic engineering and production German company a couple of years back?

The production is light years ahead of my Fremont factory tour as the M3 was ramping up back in October 2017. Based on recent videos.

Cheers

Forward Observing

Q ~ didn’t Tesla buy the robotic engineering and production German company a couple of years back?

The production is light years ahead of my Fremont factory tour as the M3 was ramping up back in October 2017. Based on recent videos.

Cheers

Yes, they bought Grohmann Automation in November 2016

Grohmann supplied all the German main manufacturers, they were pissed when tesla bought them, Klaus Grohmann quit/got fired because he wanted to carry on supplying the competition.

Does this not make OEM want to be like Tesla

The current auto industry has spent decades outsourcing more and more, they want to build the BIW and assemble the rest, perhaps not even the engines. They never wanted vertical integration at all.

Last edited:
Grohmann supplied all the German main manufacturers, they were pissed when tesla bought them, Klaus Grohmann quit/got fired because he wanted to carry on supplying the competition.

The current auto industry has spent decades outsourcing more and more, they want to build the BIW and assemble the rest, perhaps not even the engines. They never wanted vertical integration at all.
They also had equipment made with Intel, was a setback. Thermal bonding, dispensers, lid attach, I worked with them personally. Talented group!

Forward Observing

Cheers

Tesla purchased Grohmann Automation back in 2016. They are the group that rescued the Model 3 battery pack production ramp in Fall 2017 by completely redesigning all four stages of bty pack manufacturing and assembly in just a few short months.

Now, Tesla Grohmann is building a new factory to expand their production robot capacity.

Cheers!