Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate to break it to y'all but the competition is definitely coming and they mean it this time!!

View attachment 910554

Yeah, I know it's SA, but this piece seems to be less than 50% BS, so much better than most.

When asked recently why he preferred BYD to Tesla, Charlie Munger said:
Well, that's easy. Tesla last year reduced its prices in China twice, BYD increased its prices. We're direct competitors. BYD is so much ahead of Tesla in China it's like it's almost ridiculous.
This piece goes into what Charlie might be thinking, and how it might be justified. Worth a look.

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what daily chart looks like just before it goes ballistic
TSLA daily coiled spring Prepared for major bull run which could literally start anytime
Bollinger breakout likely to happen with price action similar to October 2019 when TSLA broke out almost 350% within 4 months
Will it happen again? I dunno but I’m super excited and have accumulated a decent sized position in anticipation of an imminent breakout rally in TSLA shares
How high could Tesla shares go within next few months? Nobody knows but $400 to $700 will not shock me. Not very likely that it hits $600+ by summer but hey, weirder things happen in stock market all the time
I’m sitting tight, with delicious anticipation, dead set to make back all my lost $ with God’s grace
All above is simply my wild speculation that nobody should take seriously
Certainly Not financial advice. None of this is.since I could be misinterpreting this chart and may easily be proven wrong by markets which have humbled many great speculators
447B74DE-01BD-47C0-824E-4543233B624D.png

Last edited:
The superchargers are very elegantly designed in that the cable loop cannot touch the ground and there is no tether. Shorter is always better when it comes to cables, lowers the resistive losses and makes it easier to cool. Most of the other fast chargers have a mechanical tether which is prone to breakage. This is one of the many reason the superchargers are reliable, with a shorter cable there is less chance for damage and breakage.

I don't see an easy way using the same concept. Even if they increase the height of the charger to extend the loop I am not sure they will gain much usable cable.

I think every car maker should just design their cars with the charger port on the right front or left rear as a first step towards to adopting the NACS standard:).
There is no problem if the stalls are drive-through or front drive-in. Then any car/charge port configuration can maneuver the charge port very close to the charger cabinet. No need for a longer cable or any other modification on either car or charger.

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what daily chart looks like just before it goes ballistic
TSLA daily coiled spring Prepared for major bull run which could literally start anytime
Bollinger breakout likely to happen with price action similar to October 2019 when TSLA broke out almost 350% within 4 months
Will it happen again? I dunno but I’m super excited and have accumulated a decent sized position in anticipation of an imminent breakout rally in TSLA shares
How high could Tesla shares go within next few months? Nobody knows but $400 to $700 will not shock me. Not very likely that it hits $600+ by summer but hey, weirder things happen in stock market all the time
I’m sitting tight, with delicious anticipation, dead set to make back all my lost $ with God’s grace
All above is simply my wild speculation that nobody should take seriously
Certainly Not financial advice. None of this is.since I could be misinterpreting this chart and may easily be proven wrong by markets which have humbled many great speculators
View attachment 910651
Did you make predictions like this with TA as it headed down from above $400 and all the way down to almost $100? 🤔

I don't want to break it for anyone but don't get too hyped or interested in the sketches shown in the video. It is very common in automotive design to play with proportions in the sketching progress. Both sketches (white car and blue car) appear to be Model Ys. It's that simple. Also it is a common technique to draw the wheels way too big to give the vehicle a more futuristic look and not spend too much time on drawing accurate wheels. (look at other car sketches below), so you can not get any ideas for scale from these images...

As I said, both sketches seem to be somewhat early and more advanced Model Y designs. While the proportions look different, many lines and details can be found on both cars that made it into the final Model Y design, even if slightly altered.

0879c274e0e31e80cf674566c5b99f52.jpg

bmw-z4-electric-design-sketch.jpg

The superchargers are very elegantly designed in that the cable loop cannot touch the ground and there is no tether. Shorter is always better when it comes to cables, lowers the resistive losses and makes it easier to cool. Most of the other fast chargers have a mechanical tether which is prone to breakage. This is one of the many reason the superchargers are reliable, with a shorter cable there is less chance for damage and breakage.

I don't see an easy way using the same concept. Even if they increase the height of the charger to extend the loop I am not sure they will gain much usable cable.

I think every car maker should just design their cars with the charger port on the right front or left rear as a first step towards to adopting the NACS standard:).
Oh dear our i3 has right rear and the I-Pace left front…..!

• Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
There is another Supercharger design which has been floating around which is a bit taller and has a slightly longer hose which looks like it can be arranged in the center of the parking space so vehicles like the Rivian which have opposite side ports should be able to charge ok. I think that’s the “v4” Supercharger layout. No fix for the cars with charge ports in the middle of the side though.
Pics or it didn't happen

it’s a month old..and someone linked it in the semimsection ( got no responses) but this article is pretty informative on the semi. I would say looking good for tsla, but also thought it made a good point about software specific things for various companies using the semi, which Tesla does not currently provide, and I have not considered that angle before.
Go Inside the New Tesla Semi: Features, Screens, Seats, and More

Didn´t see this posted yet - lots of info on HW4 and (seperately) V11 rollout (supposedly) based on employee info:

- HW4 computer in S/X vehicle production, but none delivered yet due to software not ready (will be in March)
- New additional cameras in front of vehicle not yet in production vehicles, will first come in S/X, then Cybertruck

Especially interesting to us Europeans:
🌍
🌏
Tesla rekindled the conversation with regulators in the EU and UK last year regarding Full Self-Driving deployment to customers. Their new goal is 2024 to meet proposal dates. The company can be granted an accelerated timeline based on performance in North America (United States and Canada), alongside other requests for safety data validation. As we shared last year, Tesla has been testing FSD builds in the United Kingdom and various countries throughout the EU. This effort has only increased recently, with more job listings appearing in Berlin and New Zealand.

EDIT: Does anyone know that once V11 single stack has proven itself in FSD beta, will Tesla ship it to all cars but feature-limited (without FSD features)? Or will they work with two development threads in parallel? Wouldn´t make much sense really...

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I don't want to break it for anyone but don't get too hyped or interested in the sketches shown in the video. It is very common in automotive design to play with proportions in the sketching progress.
FactChecking just tweeted what seems to be a real physical model that goes along with that sketch in the Tesla Engineering HQ opening event video.

59C07C73-12C7-4AFA-8780-3311C827F9A6.jpeg

Edit: new Tasmanian article speculating on the same video clip

Last edited:
Last edited: