Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never believed Musk when he said he wasn't going to bet the company on one thing again.

4680 with dry electrode is the bet. Solve the problem or they'll ultimately just be another CATL/BYD customer.

You should probably go back and watch the Investor Day video.

The 4680 is important, but not bet the company important. There are a lot of irons in the fire. The Gen 3 platform can be hugely successful without DBE.

It is also clear they have solved big chunks of it and if needed proceed without DBE.

Last edited:
Damn. Etrade is now TSLAQ. TSLA is a zero. :(

View attachment 924463

I hope you are right but it really seems like the vast majority of people place their politics above the climate.
I'd go further - in my experience, people are putting every ounce of their personal convenience above doing something on climate.

I am perhaps being judgey from my solar-powered Tesla perch, but I know a number of folks who have a clue about engineering, a clue about the climate crisis, a clue about Teslas (which I have given them) and still won't jump, seemingly because of some rare occasion where an EV might be worse / inconvenient. I think it is really more fear of change than anything, but I see it month after month and year after year here.
The pluses of EV ownership seem to be dismissed or shrugged off, and a single theoretical (but rare) inconvenience is repeated, and then they don't jump in. Perhaps the FUD is having its intended effect? Perhaps just human nature? (cue the cat here)

I'd go further - in my experience, people are putting every ounce of their personal convenience above doing something on climate.

I am perhaps being judgey from my solar-powered Tesla perch, but I know a number of folks who have a clue about engineering, a clue about the climate crisis, a clue about Teslas (which I have given them) and still won't jump, seemingly because of some rare occasion where an EV might be worse / inconvenient. I think it is really more fear of change than anything, but I see it month after month and year after year here.
The pluses of EV ownership seem to be dismissed or shrugged off, and a single theoretical (but rare) inconvenience is repeated, and then they don't jump in. Perhaps the FUD is having its intended effect? Perhaps just human nature? (cue the cat here)

If there's anything I learned in b-school and as a brief stint as a PM and Entrepreneur in various tech companies...

...once you hit individual wallets en masse, behaviors change. Climate Change is just beginning to hit wallets on a per person basis.

TSLA down 3% at the open today on record P&D numbers, while most of the market is only slightly red at like 0.5% - 1%.

Yep, that seems about right! 😂

SS;dq :p

1676753d-0864-4373-a619-d075dded2eb6_text.gif

We'll try again tomorrow. ;)

Cheers to the Longs!

Nice video, but could someone explain to me the use case for this? Seems to me like an extremely niche product...🤔
If you live in an appartment with dedicated electrical extension wired up to your space. You probably want to lock it up so you can keep your wall charger plugged to the outlet and keep it secured and not let other people use your charger while you pay the power bill.
1680546800310.png

2018 model 3 - still turning back looking in admiration after parking. Looks like Porsche but is the better car.
Loved your comment, but couldn't give it a heart emoji because I had to knock that "thumbs down" off the podium!

I frequently look back at my 2018 M3 after parking, usually to make sure its locked if I don't hear the beep, but any excuse will do. I ruled out getting a Model S in addition to my Model 3 last year, but recently I've been thinking of trading Prudence in for a Model S. Yesterday when I came out of the grocery store and it had lightly rained I approached my car with those beautiful orangey beads on the roof and said, nope...no way I'm trading in this car.

GM continuing to stall with their new EV's.

Only 2 Hummers for the quarter. I believe there is a battery water ingress issue and they are not shipping them.

Only 968 Lyric for the entire quarter almost 1 year after launch.

Bolt is doing well with 19K sold but this is old LG technology.

The whole Ultium thing looks like a disaster so far.

Plan for the entire 2023 is 150K EV's.

2 Hummers is perfect, less batteries wasted.

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 2.51.43 PM.png

Common sense dictates that the more EVs Tesla sells, the more EVs it will have in transit and yes, some inventory cars also. When Tesla is delivering 2.26 million EVs per quarter, to keep the current 16 day manufacture-to-delivery dates timeframe, inventory will be significantly higher than this quarter. So the paid media can use this excuse for negative slant articles all the way up to 2030 when Tesla achieves its steady run rate of 20 million cars per annum. Let the paid media do its worst. Tesla will continue to do its best. I know which side I am on.

Analysts are basically just marketing people for their firms. Whether they are long/short is based on what type of clients they are targeting. Not all analysts, but most of them.

...Why I resigned, a year ago. I thought I was covering market and political reactions to AGW and innovation, when they suddenly wanted Net Zero worship; praise for reducing process emissions while hanging "use" emissions from a consumer's neck. Not just buy & sell side, but CFAI and the ratings agencies have embraced a world where oil production can expand and Tesla's are filthy.

Given the reaction we have seen today, what can we expect the week of earnings? (I'm new to TSLA, but very experienced otherwise.)

Most companies trade earnings week because until the report is released nobody knows... but here we have half the information. Great news, but Wall Street hates it.

So can we expect the same thing earnings week? Like the margin drops just a little, so profits are up a lot but the stock tanks because "margins dropping"?

Or are earnings weeks non-events for TSLA? Appreciate links or references to things I should read. (Searching for "earnings" is tough.)

Given the reaction we have seen today, what can we expect the week of earnings? (I'm new to TSLA, but very experienced otherwise.)

Most companies trade earnings week because until the report is released nobody knows... but here we have half the information. Great news, but Wall Street hates it.

So can we expect the same thing earnings week? Like the margin drops just a little, so profits are up a lot but the stock tanks because "margins dropping"?

Or are earnings weeks non-events for TSLA? Appreciate links or references to things I should read. (Searching for "earnings" is tough.)
It's all a crapshoot for $TSLA. Could go either direction, just like today. Is a 6.5% drop in SP justified after 'beating' delivery numbers? Media spun it negatively and algo's picked it up and weak hands panicked as usual.