Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are right to some extent. To find out, we might not need to wait until NACS is fully integrated. It will be interesting to see if sales pick up a bit once there is an adapter and these products can use the Superchargers.

If not, we may have to conclude that EV buyers simply want a Tesla instead.
They often don't know. I met a Woman in a nice Mercedes EQs or whatever it is, she was trying to figure out how to charge at the supercharger. I told her about that Mercedes signed up with tesla for the NACS and they will come out with an adapter, that her car has the legacy CCS1. Also told her about being able to buy EV charger that plugs into a dryer outlet in her garage and how much better the experience is with 208V charging compared to 110V, always full in the morning. She was pretty excited about that as she had no idea. She loves the spaciousness and massage chairs in her car, but her navigation routes her through slow chargers at times.

This was brought up by Prunesquallor last week but this article has a little more details.

So you can't buy a Tesla in a showroom in Texas, just online still, but you will be able to charge them anywhere there are new charging stations thanks to their interpretation of the $5 billion grant from the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) program. I guess that's progress since the Federal regulations don't require NACS for the funds, just CCS.

Texas Mandates Tesla's (TSLA) NACS Plugs for New Stations

Last edited:
One interesting trend a few of us are seeing here on the local social media rags is the thought process that it’s best to wait a year or two before buying an EV until one can buy a GM, Ford, Rivian etc etc with a tesla plug. Especially the ford Mach E guys. The idea being that you’ll get a real car from a real company that can access the Tesla supercharger network. Best of both worlds etc. My suggestion to them is to take a Tesla model Y for an extended test drive and then compare it to a Mach E (or whatever). Those who do get a wake up call pretty quick on the fundamental differences in software, climate control (heat pump octovalve) etc etc.

Anyway, I can’t help but wonder if these companies announcements of switching to the Tesla plug hasn’t Osborned their products somewhat

The lots here are full of Mach e’s and lightnings.

Just an observation. No idea.
I heard yesterday that the NHTSA has reopened an investigation concerning the original recall of the Mach-E; unconvinced Ford actually fixed the problem since they’ve received complaints from owners.

People like to gab. Even more so they like to post their opinions about everything on social media. I’ll skip the plethora of psychological reasons they do that, but know it’s mostly just a lot of 💩. They’ll say one thing and do another - both actions serving selfish purposes.

Last edited:
Are you dissing AOL? ;)

Must be a rebel boomer...
Ahh, cleaning out old tech yesterday I found an actual AOL dial up modem right beside my equally ancient Apple Newton replete with Graffiti instructions and its very own dialup modem. Both bought in Menlo Park just near Anderson Chevrolet, which became the original Tesla factory, a decade later:

Somehow it seems fitting that those two became two of my most durable investments.
It seems to me that the more we understand the history and origin of TSLA the more we're likely to understand the benefit of HODL, assuming willingness to live with volatility.

One interesting trend a few of us are seeing here on the local social media rags is the thought process that it’s best to wait a year or two before buying an EV until one can buy a GM, Ford, Rivian etc etc with a tesla plug. Especially the ford Mach E guys. The idea being that you’ll get a real car from a real company that can access the Tesla supercharger network. Best of both worlds etc. My suggestion to them is to take a Tesla model Y for an extended test drive and then compare it to a Mach E (or whatever). Those who do get a wake up call pretty quick on the fundamental differences in software, climate control (heat pump octovalve) etc etc.

Anyway, I can’t help but wonder if these companies announcements of switching to the Tesla plug hasn’t Osborned their products somewhat

The lots here are full of Mach e’s and lightnings.

Just an observation. No idea.
If people asked me, my advice would probably be to wait, depending on where people go. Not just because of access to Superchargers, but build-out of other infrastructure.

Here, 10 of 18 Supercharger locations are V2 , but only 2 of those don't currently have at least some reasonable, basic (2+ CCS charger) alternative, and those 2 locations should have CCS within 12 to 18 months (2+ CCS 150kW shared minimum).

And as another example of what waiting could do, we had a recent trip to Pittsburgh, PA in a Kona EV. Looking at the fastcharger.info map that includes the planned NEVI award sites in Pennsylvania it would have been a much better trip through PA, as we'd have avoided a significant diversion into Scranton, PA (both ways), plus we'd have had more alternative locations, allowing us better to optimize charging, arriving with lower SoC and probably leaving a little earlier as well.

And that's with a relatively slow charging vehicle. Faster charging vehicles will really benefit.

Also, as much as people are promised access to an adapter, it's better to get it with the new EV, rather than hope you're not too far down the list.

Not exactly rocket science
Enjoy!
IMG_4295.jpeg
IMG_4294.jpeg

I’m sorry, seems I under estimated the open. It’s so hard to predict short term! (Too much fun?)
... or is it? Literally seen this trick before, so I sold 50 and went back to bed.
Too much anticipation at once in pre-market, again, with no actual news.
Then there's max pain hanging out there at 227.5.
My crystal ball worked today (but it doesn't always).

1692719630480.png

... or is it? Literally seen this trick before, so I sold 50 and went back to bed.

View attachment 967341
Great job timing the market again!! :)

View attachment 967341
Stock has now filled the gap from the open, so it'll be interesting to see if the stabilized and bounces back a bit...which would be bullish for it moving higher. If you look at open interest and volume chart this morning and compare to yesterday, the target really has moved to 235-240 area.

Stock has now filled the gap from the open, so it'll be interesting to see if the stabilized and bounces back a bit...which would be bullish for it moving higher. If you look at open interest and volume chart this morning and compare to yesterday, the target really has moved to 235-240 area.
Ya, strong 240 Calls.

Volume (Today):

1692722019433.png

Open Interest (Yesterday):

1692722214247.png

I didn't capture the volume yesterday, but I was noticing the shark off to the left on the Open Interest and still there today.
When that gets pulled, we'll get a slight bump... maybe?

Have you not watched any of the GigaTexas drone videos showing cars coming out of the factory, being driven (by drivers) to the current logistic lots, then, the drivers being brought back to the vehicle exit to pick up the next batch of cars?

How do you think the cars get from the factory to the parking lot where they load them on trucks for shipment?

I don't think autonomy is there just yet, but it could be soon. Then, no drivers may become the norm. Still, a tunnel or two would likely halve the distance between the factory and the new Logistics lot being built across the highway and prevent the new cars mixing with other traffic and related hazards.
Yes, a smarter future Tesla will have a one-way tunnel from the factory to the storage/parking lot, with a canned firmware program in the CT (and hopefully the MY as well).

It's not rocket science, especially in a closed and controlled environment such as a private parking lot and assembly plant.

Expected scenario:

1. Factory completion.
2. CT's drive themselves from into the storage lot and park in appropriate parking spots.
3. No return tunnel needed as no drivers need to be returned to Giga Austin factory . . . .

TSLA stock price increases as autonomy increases productivity with each advance.

Last edited: