Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit more info related to my previous post. Economy isn't doing as great as we would like. That, more than interest rates, is impacting purchasing and spending. If you've been retired for a while and / or you are a millionaire, go take some time to speak with the working class living on paychecks.

Screenshot_20240308_104949_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_111050_X.jpg

Last edited:
What use is another GM example? At least they did acquire a pretty good small vehicle design team, that has helping GM to thrive in some large markets for smaller vehicles, perhaps most notably the Cruz that has been highly successful in some large markets. More recently, though, the Onix was developed by SAIC while GM Brasil developed the SPIN and the Cobalt which has been highly successful in versions built in several Asian countries as well as being a huge seller >300,000 pa sold in Brazil alone for some time, dominating the taxi market.

Daewoo, for a time was a useful place for GM.

Soon we'll see the BYD replace GM and, later, Tesla wiers ll be a force in those markets.

In Norway Chevrolet Matiz and possibly others have been sold to buyers looking for a cheap car.

I did make the logical link that these were not large US cars but cheap asian cars disguised as american Chevys.

I am afraid that these along with the Opel badged ones did not help GM's revenue.

Not a great picture fort GM. BYD at #12 i Norway. GM not even at the list. With the Matiz being somewahat popular for an ICE car.

Growing up Opel and therefore GM and Holden were my favourite car brands. Not so much any more. 😞

"Vi fant dessverre ingen treff på «chevrolet»."... translated to "no hits for Chevrolet".

In Norway so far in 2024 BYD sold 147 cars compared to 1109 TMYs. Meh.

Joe Justice worked at Tesla for ... 3 weeks? I've worked in Agile for a decade. Should Rivian hire me?

Did it convince you to buy a Tesla recently?

Supposedly Joe was a consultant there for much longer before hand?

Haha… no. Not currently in the market. Already own a 2017 MS that is still running very well. Have a CT reserved.

Either Rivian knows they will get the money to continue (Amazon and/or somebody else) OR they play Nikola. Hope it is the former but don't know where and how they will break even. So far, their balance sheet is red.
If I were Amazon, I would be thinking about whether buying the van production part of Rivian made sense. If the price were low enough, perhaps buy all of Rivian and dump the unprofitable products to just focus on owning and controlling the van production. Amazon has show a propensitiy for expanding into new markets. In house, they could get the cost down on van production; and owning delivery is definitely a priority for them.

Full disclosure: I am not Amazon.

If I were Amazon, I would be thinking about whether buying the van production part of Rivian made sense. If the price were low enough, perhaps buy all of Rivian and dump the unprofitable products to just focus on owning and controlling the van production. Amazon has show a propensitiy for expanding into new markets. In house, they could get the cost down on van production; and owning delivery is definitely a priority for them.

Full disclosure: I am not Amazon.

Any reduction in the cost of delivery vans is less than a rounding error for Amazon. The only reason to buy Rivian is if they truly want to be in the car business which they probably have no interest in. does own zoox which is a full autonomy startup that actually runs a small geofenced robotaxi service in the Bay Area.

A competitor with manufacturing ability would be buying a desirable design and EV
Know how.
I hate to call fellow pure BEV manufacturers "competitors" because each new BEV sold is one less ICE vehicle sold. There is a lot of them sold every year and Tesla can't replace all of them (for a few years anyway).

So the more BEV's sold the better! I have confidence that Tesla's piece of the vehicles sold pie will continue to grow and that other BEV's pieces will also get bigger, all the while the ICE slice will continue to get considerably smaller. Just look at Norway and China. Change is coming and I am confident Tesla will continue to lead the way!

Now I just hope that the market realizes the same, causing TSLA to grow as well... the sooner the better!

A bit more info related to my previous post. Economy isn't doing as great as we would like. That, more than interest rates, is impacting purchasing and spending. If you've been retired for a while and / or you are a millionaire, go take some time to speak with the working class living on paychecks.

View attachment 1025812

View attachment 1025831

Yeah, but, it IS still jobs ADDED, isn't it?

This is a bad thing how?

Looks like they are taking the arson attack seriously, this has gone to the federal prosecutor:

moz.de said:
+++ 13:46 Federal Public Prosecutor's Office takes over investigation into Tesla attack +++
Following the arson attack on the power supply of the electric car company Tesla, the Federal Public Prosecutor's Office has taken over the investigation.
There is initial suspicion of membership in a terrorist organization, anti-constitutional sabotage and joint arson, among other things, a spokeswoman for the Karlsruhe authority announced on Friday. Brandenburg's Interior Minister Michael Stübgen (CDU) commented: "I very much welcome the decision of the Federal Public Prosecutor General to take over the investigation. This increases the pressure on the criminal gang, which is active throughout Germany and possibly even internationally."

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)