Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new job listings being purged. I'm sure there will be new ones in near future, but existing ones are no longer available. This is far more than just removing the bottom performers. Seems more like a total reset.

If anyone is wondering where Musk got his reorganization ideas from, rememeber he just met with the Argentinian president last week.

That's a great question. I can't claim to know specifically, but I think we have all seen enough evidence that "they" are real.
Not to me. I know a little bit about how the financial markets work and most of what is written about "Wall Street" here seems simply based on misunderstandings about how the markets and their different actors work.

Not to me. I know a little bit about how the financial markets work and most of what is written about "Wall Street" here seems simply based on misunderstandings about how the markets and their different actors work.
Yeah okay. I guess there's no evidence of nepharious shorting...

Cramer and Karp may not know what you know, so perhaps they are errant in their thinking.

Maybe you could be more specific about how you view the "misunderstandings" expressed here. I am open to being educated. That's what I love about this place, it's a wonderful place to learn from various perspectives of all types.

Last edited:
This is why I don't post much in this thread. If you look at the Lucid forums, it's the same, bullish comments non-stop and neglect/dismissal for anything not of that mindset. It's the same here, any other forum.

At the end of the day, 3 years, 5 years, we'll all see how it turns out. I post because Tesla is simply an interesting stock/company to discuss.

Facts are sales dropped a lot last quarter, price cuts were facts (MY dropped $20k), layoffs are happening now, facts are Elon is saying the company is worthless outside of AI/Robotaxis, facts are FSD is now $99/month vs. $199/month earlier. If you don't buy that narrative, those investors are now selling, hence, the stock dropping now. If you do buy it and think robotaxis/AI will make people think $20k or $12k is worth it to pay for, then load up now/later when it possibly gets even cheaper.
I would encourage you to keep sharing. We need more skeptical/contrarian thinking.

If anyone is wondering where Musk got his reorganization ideas from, rememeber he just met with the Argentinian president last week.

I don’t know if it’s just me or others feel the same . I remember how all the “Buy the Birdie “saga began. It all started off with this Indian guy Pranay Pathole IIRC, saying Eon should liberate the Birdie blah blah blah and tweeting about it . Next thing we see is Elon is following Pathole on Twitter and few more of Elon’s lackies goading him into it . It sort of became an Echo chamber and what started off as a joke turned into a monster of one’s own making . Liberating town square for unbiased discourse, free speech etc etc were nothing more than rationalizations for a regrettable decision.
I am worried we are back in similar situation with bet the company on RT and autonomy .
May the Force be with all us hodlers as guide us thru this storm safely .

How would you handle a large RIF?
I’ve seen it done several ways. Had it happen personally once, just like this one. Worked for a medium sized cloud company sold to Private Equity. Those who were not slated to be retained ( in my case, no interest in gov business), were notified and removed from system access the same day. My case - a phone call during my commute; FSD would have been helpful. I have worked for other companies that do it through packages and affected employees leave at a future date and usually with a severance package. Personally, I prefer the second approach.

I don’t know if it’s just me or others feel the same . I remember how all the “Buy the Birdie “saga began. It all started off with this Indian guy Pranay Pathole IIRC, saying Eon should liberate the Birdie blah blah blah and tweeting about it . Next thing we see is Elon is following Pathole on Twitter and few more of Elon’s lackies goading him into it . It sort of became an Echo chamber and what started off as a joke turned into a monster of one’s own making . Liberating town square for unbiased discourse, free speech etc etc were nothing more than rationalizations for a regrettable decision.
I am worried we are back in similar situation with bet the company on RT and autonomy .
May the Force be with all us hodlers as guide us thru this storm safely .
Maybe, but I prefer @Krugerrand ’s thought that Elon has decided it’s time to focus intensely on Tesla again. I understand that both of these could be true.

I've found it pretty close to miraculous in function, though as you point out not perfect. But... in terms of utility? I'd be OK with it if it had just come with the car, but not really seeing the practical use since I essentially have to keep my hands on the wheel and pay at least as much attention as I did without it. Also... it mainly drives like grandma.
Wonder if we can trade. My copy does just the opposite :)

Reactions: advocate8
bit of a stretch to call these 2 executives... they are middle managers at best
Not trying to be snarky, but I thought Tesla didn’t really have much of a management hierarchy. In a typical org, these titles sound like mid-level folks. W/o seeing an org chart not so sure in the case of Tesla. Regardless, I’m not panicking. Curious to see how things unfold in the next several months and quarters.

Reactions: Optimeer