Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla update 2024.14.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in maine downloaded 2024.14.8?
I think it may have been pulled back. It started to download, but I stopped it.* Now my car says I’m up to date with 2024.3.25 as of today. It doesn’t have any interest in restarting the download of 2024.14.8.

* - The car started downloading it on a long trip last Tuesday. I hotspot from my iPhone so I can use TuneIn and Tidal without paying for Tesla’s unlimited data plan, but I don’t want to burn a bunch of my 5GB of 5G hotspot data for an update that can download over my home WiFi at night. I turned off the hotspot on the phone, but the car hasn’t tried since.

Upvote 0
I think it may have been pulled back. It started to download, but I stopped it.* Now my car says I’m up to date with 2024.3.25 as of today. It doesn’t have any interest in restarting the download of 2024.14.8.

* - The car started downloading it on a long trip last Tuesday. I hotspot from my iPhone so I can use TuneIn and Tidal without paying for Tesla’s unlimited data plan, but I don’t want to burn a bunch of my 5GB of 5G hotspot data for an update that can download over my home WiFi at night. I turned off the hotspot on the phone, but the car hasn’t tried since.
Thanks, still waiting.

Upvote 0
I did a quick search here last night for 2024.14.8 and found several bugs mentioned.

Tesla Update 2024.14.8 Statistics & Roll Out show negative daily installs for .8 and says "Negative numbers mean that an update is no longer available for some vehicles. It can be caused by installation failures or Tesla preparing to roll out a new update."

Teslafi - TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker - shows .9 and .11 started rolling out on Friday. I'm guessing those are quick bug fix releases (who needs SQA when you can use your customers?!?), so we will probably get one of those this week.

FSD v12.x (end to end AI) mentions that .11 appears to be for the cybertruck only, .9 for others.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Upvote 0
I did a quick search here last night for 2024.14.8 and found several bugs mentioned.

Tesla Update 2024.14.8 Statistics & Roll Out show negative daily installs for .8 and says "Negative numbers mean that an update is no longer available for some vehicles. It can be caused by installation failures or Tesla preparing to roll out a new update."

Teslafi - TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker - shows .9 and .11 started rolling out on Friday. I'm guessing those are quick bug fix releases (who needs SQA when you can use your customers?!?), so we will probably get one of those this week.

FSD v12.x (end to end AI) mentions that .11 appears to be for the cybertruck only, .9 for others.
thanks, tga

Upvote 0