Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be camera calibration as many have pointed out here. As someone who has been in the first releases of OG testers, some of the v11 releases were terrible and unsafe. They have to dial in the controls.
OK, now suppose you have 70% of your net worth in TSLA or whatever he claims.

How does it benefit him to post the problems publicly? Is he trying to hurt his own stock value? If he truly is an internal beta tester, he'll have a direct line to the autopilot team and can tell them directly. Posting it to social media brings what value?

OK, now suppose you have 70% of your net worth in TSLA or whatever he claims.

How does it benefit him to post the problems publicly? Is he trying to hurt his own stock value? If he truly is an internal beta tester, he'll have a direct line to the autopilot team and can tell them directly. Posting it to social media brings what value?
We get all of our leaks, good and bad, from employees. Even videos of FSD V12.0 making a bad left turn (the first non-Elon video of FSD12).

Same with Highland, CT leaks (pricing), etc. All from employees.

Or, “this car is learning to drive by itself”

Or maybe “this car might be driving while the occupant is ASLEEP!”
This is my plate holder. Probably not noticed much.

1000000932.jpg

Hmm - now we've got 2024.14.9 and 2024.14.11 both appearing after a huge push of 2024.14.8 ❔⁉️
Some food for thought here: This may be the first time that the fsd testers and the main branch have been on the same FSD version since fsd v 11.4.9, which may have been due to a recall.

2024.14.5 introduced FSD 12.3.6 to the main branch. Then it was quickly followed by .6, .7, .8, and now .9.

This is similar to what happened when earlier FSD versions were brought into the main branch. For example, after a brief foray in 2023.12.10 (and .11), 11.3.6 went wide on the main main branch with 2023.20.6, and was quickly followed by .7, .8, .9., all in less than 4 weeks. (By the time fsd 11.3.6 was brought to the main branch, the testers had see 11.3.6 a couple months earlier and had moved on through 8 revisions up to 11.4.7.1 )

Perhaps merging new FSD version into the base vehicle code takes substantial iterative effort. Or they work through one hardware variant at a time.

As for why the big pushes on 2024.24, I wonder if Tesla is trying to purge all the 11.4.x FSD out there because v 12 is so much better.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
As for why the big pushes on 2024.24, I wonder if Tesla is trying to purge all the 11.4.x FSD out there because v 12 is so much better.
Yes, they are purging all of V11. All the models and hardware iterations definitely has them working overtime. Anyone left right now on 3.25 will be the V12.4 people.
Why they still have pending updates to V11 is odd. Maybe people just won't allow them. Big mistake, since they will be on an even higher branch of 12.3.6 when they finally update their software.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
More food for thought. The number of hardware configurations has been and is continuing to grow at an almost near exponential rate. It is likely that bugs will become MORE of a problem and delays MORE likely as the hardware combinations keep rising. It is just a near inevitable problem.
Agreed, I think they are way more focused on getting all to V12, that 12.4 is a low priority right now

Even I (who thinks most people use their turn signals, because laws and such and general decency and desire to not get in an accident) believe that every driver has failed to use their turn signal where required at least once in their driving career.
I’ve never forgotten to use my turn signal.

Well, except for that one time…

The autopilot team decided to release something for employee testing that is significantly worse than what's already released. That makes no sense.

It could be a bug that only arises outside of a controlled testing environment.

I remember early in the FSD Beta testing days, the Autopilot team was testing builds on vehicles that did not use Sentry Mode or Summon Standby, and being woken from those modes led to false FCW and AEB events. Tesla FSD Beta Gets Its First Official Recall, Related to Automatic Braking

Unexpected things happen in the real world, and it's better for Tesla to fix the software now than after rolling it out to us.

Re. camera recalibration: After 2.5 years and 60K miles, I "cleared" the camera calibration some weeks back after getting the bright idea it might make a difference with my funky intersection. When it still said "calibrating" after 100+ miles I cleared it again, and again after that, and then after the 3rd try it did say "complete".

But I didn't try to engage FSD for a week or so after. When I finally tried a few days ago, it refused to engage, and eventually I saw the message about "98% complete" somewhere. And that's were it is stuck. I have a mobile service appt scheduled for June 19th.

In the meantime, any suggestions for ways to get it unstuck?
I had to drive well over 100 km of highway distance to fully calibrate for FSD after getting 12.3.6 as part of the 1 month trial. And the last 2% seemed to take forever. Driving on residential or side roads didn't seem to increase the % much at all. Re the person saying 12.4 is unusable, I can testify that before I recalibrated the cameras 12.3.6 was pretty much the same, driving around like a drunken teenager. Recalibrating made a world of difference.

Last edited: