Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla USB Drive 128GB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not unknown for a software update to cause issues. Ideally before an update (second best after), see if it helps to physically remove the media drive (after first taking offline by depressing the dashcam icon until it goes grey) then after update re-plug the drive. I personally would do a reboot before re-plugging back in too.

In the past, Sentry has caused issues with apparent conflicts with cameras, so it is quite possible that Dashcam and Sentry will behave differently.

Last edited:
I'm using a Samsung 128GB Fit Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive - 300MB/s that I had formatted FAT32 using this information: Preparing your Drive – Tesla Dashcam Advice, Recommendations and more!
It seemed to work OK for a while and then I got the warning triangle and to us a USB faster than 4mb/s. I took out the USB drive and tested the write speed on my win 10 PC and it was very slow at around 1 - 4 mb/s??
I then formatted the drive in my PC using exFAT (as Tesla now works with exFAT) and clicked on the button "restore device defaults" and checked the write speed. It was now writing between 12 - 22mb/s.
I put the drive back into the car and so far, its working perfectly!

Reactions: Monkeyworld