Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla USB entertainment issue Needs a fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest that the Tesla entertainment system should display USB recordings (songs) in the same order that they appear on the copied original music source (for example, a CD). That is by Track number, not alphabetically and not randomly. This is presently not the case.
  1. I have a USB memory stick with many folders. (Each folder may represent a CD that has been copied, for example.)
  2. Each folder contains one or more individual recordings (the songs on a CD, for example).
  3. Every recording has a track number. These are in the order that the recordings appear on a CD.
  4. In every folder, recordings are stored on the USB stick in order of track number, for example: 1, 2, 3, 4.
  5. Some recordings have the actual song title associated with every track. For example: "1 Rudolf", 2 Silent Night".
  6. Other recordings (old ones) do not have an actual song title and, instead list "Track __" where the song title would be. For examples: "1 Track 1", 2 Track 2", "3 Track 3".
  7. The Tesla entertainment system displays the order of the folders properly: in alphabetical order plus numbers at the end, as the right side of the display suggests
  8. For recordings with actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings within a folder in alphabetical order, not in the order that they appear on CD which is the order of the track numbers..
  9. For recordings without actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings in seemingly random order, not in the order that they appear on CD and not in the order of the track numbers.. That is, although a folder is ordered Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, the Tesla may display Track 2, Track 1, Track 3. This does not coincide with an alphabetical order nor with numerical order.
cleardot.gif

Reactions: Blastphemy
I suggest that the Tesla entertainment system should display USB recordings (songs) in the same order that they appear on the copied original music source (for example, a CD). That is by Track number, not alphabetically and not randomly. This is presently not the case.
  1. I have a USB memory stick with many folders. (Each folder may represent a CD that has been copied, for example.)
  2. Each folder contains one or more individual recordings (the songs on a CD, for example).
  3. Every recording has a track number. These are in the order that the recordings appear on a CD.
  4. In every folder, recordings are stored on the USB stick in order of track number, for example: 1, 2, 3, 4.
  5. Some recordings have the actual song title associated with every track. For example: "1 Rudolf", 2 Silent Night".
  6. Other recordings (old ones) do not have an actual song title and, instead list "Track __" where the song title would be. For examples: "1 Track 1", 2 Track 2", "3 Track 3".
  7. The Tesla entertainment system displays the order of the folders properly: in alphabetical order plus numbers at the end, as the right side of the display suggests
  8. For recordings with actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings within a folder in alphabetical order, not in the order that they appear on CD which is the order of the track numbers..
  9. For recordings without actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings in seemingly random order, not in the order that they appear on CD and not in the order of the track numbers.. That is, although a folder is ordered Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, the Tesla may display Track 2, Track 1, Track 3. This does not coincide with an alphabetical order nor with numerical order.
cleardot.gif

What's a CD?
;)

1. For recordings with actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings within a folder in alphabetical order, not in the order that they appear on CD which is the order of the track numbers..
  2. For recordings without actual song titles, the Tesla entertainment system displays the recordings in seemingly random order, not in the order that they appear on CD and not in the order of the track numbers.. That is, although a folder is ordered Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, the Tesla may display Track 2, Track 1, Track 3. This does not coincide with an alphabetical order nor with numerical order.
cleardot.gif

Can't speak to the second point, but those with song titles show up and play fine for me. Perhaps it is an issue with how they are copied.

Not criticizing, just trying to suggest solutions. I have an Apple computer with iTunes and simply highlight the song I want WHILE in iTunes and simply drag them over to the USB.

So how does it handle ipods or iphones? I dont have my car yet, so I dont know. If it indexes well on an ipod, than that seems like a fairly easy (and modestly cheap fix, considering we all spent 50-150k on a car). just buy an older cheap ipod shuffle or something.
or is there a reason that wont work?

So how does it handle ipods or iphones? I dont have my car yet, so I dont know. If it indexes well on an ipod, than that seems like a fairly easy (and modestly cheap fix, considering we all spent 50-150k on a car). just buy an older cheap ipod shuffle or something.
or is there a reason that wont work?
As of now it will Bluetooth to your phone and play music from phone and display what it is playing, but you have to select music on phone. When S came out, Tesla was way ahead on streaming because of always on internet. They left out a lot of other music player basics. Now, 4 years later, many cars have internet, and that looks bad. Hopefully by the time they are delivering 3 there will be software upgrades to media player. Don't let it stop you though. It is not that bad and car has other virtues that more than compensate.