Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger- Issue after installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am hoping that someone on here could help me out with some advice.

I have recently purchased my Tesla Y and had my wall charger fitted at my home address.

Unfortunately I am having issues with the charger as it starts to charge my car but stops charging after a minute or so. I have left it plugged in over night and it gained about 10% so it must have come back on intermittently through the night.

I did not use a Tesla approved contractor for the installation, but it was carried out by a fully qualified electrician who has fitted many EV car chargers before (but this was his first Tesla install).

I am just trying to identify possible causes for the issues I am having.
I downloaded the Tesla One app on my phone to put the commissioning information which I received from my installer, although we did not complete the commissioning form.
Maybe its because we did not submit a commissioning form but we did input the circuit breaker rating as required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

New Tesla Owner.

Sorry, I should have stated I am in the UK.

When it is charging, it is flashing green. Then after about a minute it stops charging and a solid blue light comes on
It sounds like you need to finish commissioning your wall connector.

Is the green light streaming, or is it pulsing (singularly)?

IMG_5192.jpeg

First you really need to finish the commissioning process! During setup do not select a Vehicle Charging window, for now.

Next, if you are using any 3rd party apps remove them. Then go to the “Schedule” screen in the app, under “Departure” make sure everything is off, then check under the “Charge” screen and make sure it is off as well.

Now, when you plug in the car have a look at the charging window in the car. Note the voltage, and charge rate which is two numbers such as 48/48. Please post what you see as well as the maximum SOC selected as shown in the car.