Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 2 wall charger recording watts supplied

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I currently have a Gen 2 wall charger and am considering leasing a Tesla 3 single motor standard range car. To be able to claim back the costs of charging I have to be able to show how much charge has been delivered, does the Gen 2 wall connector do this?

You can easily just use the ATO home charging rate of 4.2 cents per km method. So easy no need to keep receipts etc etc,

If you use this you can't also claim for other charging away from home because the cents per km method captures all km driven.Just use odometer at EOFY
Thank you, that works for the ATO but the lease company says they want the actual costs.

Hi,

I currently have a Gen 2 wall charger and am considering leasing a Tesla 3 single motor standard range car. To be able to claim back the costs of charging I have to be able to show how much charge has been delivered, does the Gen 2 wall connector do this?
Some of the third party apps will track individual charging sessions and can calculate costs based on the site - home, whatever public charging location. you can also put the time of use cost schedule in for home. I have TezLab for this and it does it quite well. Many other functions. It is a paid app. $6/month, $60/year, but I bought the founders lifetime for a then $150USD. It is now $169USD. So about a 4.5 year payback over a 1 year subscription or 3.5 year payback over a monthly subscription

Some of the third party apps will track individual charging sessions and can calculate costs based on the site - home, whatever public charging location. you can also put the time of use cost schedule in for home. I have TezLab for this and it does it quite well. Many other functions. It is a paid app. $6/month, $60/year, but I bought the founders lifetime for a then $150USD. It is now $169USD. So about a 4.5 year payback over a 1 year subscription or 3.5 year payback over a monthly subscription
Thank you, do they get the data from the car or the charger?

Reactions: Hairyman
Would be just easier for lease company to just log the EOFY odometer.
Not sure what the Gen 2 can do, but a Gen 3 added to the Tesla app will give you something like the the following. (Some of the times are lengthy as I often have it at half speed to match the solar array)
1000000662.png