Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Are there any servicing terms / items that need to be followed in order to preserve / maintain the Tesla warranty? Im buying and wondering if its something I need to ask the seller about.

I can see the recommended maintenance but still unsure

Thank you

There’s no mandatory servicing activity required for warranty

That said the service items Tesla talk about are worth doing for other reasons, but probably not as frequently as they suggest. At the end of the day, brakes, suspension, cabin filters, radiators getting blocked (and we do have radiators) etc all still need looking after/replacing. There’s just no main engine block oil change.

Reactions: carnutt
There’s no mandatory servicing activity required for warranty

That said the service items Tesla talk about are worth doing for other reasons, but probably not as frequently as they suggest. At the end of the day, brakes, suspension, cabin filters, radiators getting blocked (and we do have radiators) etc all still need looking after/replacing. There’s just no main engine block oil change.
Thanks for confirming

The dealer has offered to paint the calipers as part of the sale, I am a little concerned this will invalidate the braking system warranty, but pads and disks are wear and tear items so wouldnt be covered, only really the caliper itself, pistons, seals. Im guessing they could argue the paint might seize the pistons or any issue they could think of the deny a claim. Any thoughts?

I know plenty do get them painted, I think you can even get coloured covers for the calipers, but you’re right, if there’s a warranty matter that’s traced back to the painted caliper somehow they wouldn’t cover it. Hard to imagine what that might be other than causing the brakes to seize on somehow, and that’s probably a side effect of poor painting and getting paint into areas you don’t want paint, rather than the painting itself in the correct locations. Unless you drive hard, the normal issue with brakes is from lack of use.

Never say never, but if it was me, I trusted the dealer to do a decent job, and I wanted the look, I’d probably get it done.

Reactions: carnutt