TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Warranty

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by AGR, Jun 22, 2007.

1. AGR

AGR Member

Does anyone know what the warranty parameters will be on the Roadster?

2. AGR

AGR Member

From this video which is quite informative it would seem that the warranty on the Roadster will be 4 years / 50,000 miles and the battery pack will have an extended warranty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPIEhONii8

3. Takumi

Takumi Member

At the end of the video, they talked about a "Hall Pass" given to Tesla from the CHP. Can anyone elaborate on this?

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I have to imagine it was a joke. Perhaps the driver got stopped once, and was let off with a warning when explaining that they are testing a prototype. I am not aware of any official way anyone can get a guarantee of such freedom from the regular laws.
    Maybe next time a different officer who isn't so lenient might be the one that stops them, so they really do need to be careful.

5. green01

green01 Guest

I'm sure it's a joke.

On Memorial day I say a Tesla Roadster turn onto Bing Street (the location of Tesla's San Carlos office), then about 12 seconds
    later, a police car turned onto the same street at high speed, clearly chasing someone. Of course, the Roadster was long gone in those twelve seconds.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Maybe Tesla will have high turnover in their road test department.
    There could be a long line of ex-staff who no longer hold a valid drivers license! :-\

A big company like GM would have a "private proving ground" where they could wring out their cars without such concerns.

Tesla's HQ is in a busy area, so the "on street" road tests definitely have some risks.

7. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

GM's problem is that most of their electric cars never make it out of the proving ground.

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

LOL :D

9. AGR

AGR Member

Is the warranty 4 / 50 and longer for the batteries as mentioned in the video?

Isn't GM the only manufacturer so far that had EV's leased to customers in California?

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator