Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wash - Does it Matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This topic has been discussed many times before, but wanted to start a new thread again. On a recent business trip to the Central Valley, CA my MX was bombarded with bugs. A lot of bugs! When I got to Fresno, I looked for somewhere I can get it washed, but couldn't find any business that specializes in washing Teslas or luxury vehicles for that matter.

Does it really matter where you get your Tesla washed? What's the disadvantage of using gas station car wash? Can you get it washed at a regular hand car wash place and ask them to wash it with the wash cloth that you provide?

Btw, if anyone knows a place that washes a lot of Teslas in the Central Valley and/or Fresno area, please post the name of the business.

As you're read, there are all kinds of opions on this subject but from what I've heard, touchless is probably the best way to go but that won't solve your bug issue. I use these while Im spraying the area with a light stream of water to prevent scratching and wash away the nasty bug remains.

Reactions: LoveMX
Soaking is your best bet - then wash them off with a sponge. The quicker the better.

The very best way is if you can park the car where there are flies - not kidding. Night driving in far west Texas my three day old Model S got covered in yellow bug squash - literally covered on the front when I reached Trinidad Colorado. At the holel I noticed the there were small flies all around the car. Next morning I got up early to supercharge and wash the car but when I arrived at the vehicle all the bug squash was gone - there were still some files dining on small pieces. I went to a car wash an easily wash away the residue. True!!

Am going to try this product out, thanks!

You'll love it, but here a tip...if you're spraying it on the front end, make sure you can fully wipe it off or rinse off. I sprayed the cleaner on, let it sit for about 45 seconds and gently wiped it off with a microfiber, then sprayed with a little quick detailer (spray wax) to make sure it was removed. It's super simple, but make sure you have a good microfiber, not just any towel.

• Informative