Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla/WeatherTech trunk mat - not exact fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my Tesla frunk and trunk mats and while the frunk fits perfectly, I noticed the trunk one is ill-fitting particularly on the left side. Also the end of the mat closest to the rear seats doesn’t expand out to fill the contour.

Does anyone else have these mats? What’s your experience?

I have them. Do you have a pic of what you're talking about?

See image below. The left side seems too wide so it can’t sit flat.

E2D4A7E7-1DD5-4E6A-BE51-C86FAC2A123F.jpeg

Here's mine. It might be slightly wider than it should be, but only by 1mm or so... not enough to really matter. It looks like yours might need to slide towards the front of the car a little... try pulling the lip towards you so it doesn't catch and slide the mat towards the seat.
IMG_1575.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: SoCalGuy
So with this WeatherTech cargo mat there's really not easy access to your recessed trunk area right? or is it flexible? I definitely want to put something waterproof in my cargo area but still want to get access to windshield washer fluid, paper toweling etc stored in the lower part.

So with this WeatherTech cargo mat there's really not easy access to your recessed trunk area right? or is it flexible? I definitely want to put something waterproof in my cargo area but still want to get access to windshield washer fluid, paper toweling etc stored in the lower part.

It has a cutout for the loop used to pull up the recessed trunk area. It's also fairly flexible. No issue getting into the recessed area.

• Helpful
Reactions: SMAlset