Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wireless phone charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings! I took deliver a little over a week ago of a new 2020 LR+ model S. I was ordering it new and was told that there was a demo inventory that matched the specs 100%. I went for it. When it arrived, it lacked the home charger - not only wireless, but also wired. I’m now being told that my car does not have the appropriate wiring harness to support wireless charging. Everything I’ve read tells me that it just plugs into the USB port like the old wired one. Does anyone have the wireless and can they take a picture of how it connects?

I purchased a 3rd party wireless charger for our Model S and X.

Installation was easy, didn't require any tools, only lifting the rubber mat near the USB ports.

This provides the same capability as the Tesla factory-installed wireless charger - except the company has a dual charger option, allowing two phones to be charged at the same time.

The company is Green Mission and is located in Europe, providing free shipping of the charger to the US.

Even if you only plan to charge one phone at a time, would recommend purchasing the dual charger option, because you can easily remove the 2nd charger - and reinstall it later, if/when you need it.

At least until Tesla decides to add their wireless charger to the Tesla store, there is a comparable alternative available from a 3rd party.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I purchased a 3rd party wireless charger for our Model S and X.

Installation was easy, didn't require any tools, only lifting the rubber mat near the USB ports.

This provides the same capability as the Tesla factory-installed wireless charger - except the company has a dual charger option, allowing two phones to be charged at the same time.

The company is Green Mission and is located in Europe, providing free shipping of the charger to the US.

Even if you only plan to charge one phone at a time, would recommend purchasing the dual charger option, because you can easily remove the 2nd charger - and reinstall it later, if/when you need it.

At least until Tesla decides to add their wireless charger to the Tesla store, there is a comparable alternative available from a 3rd party.

I've been looking for a good wireless charger for the Model S and this one looks nice. A question I have is how tight does it grip the phone when you slide it in? Does it rub tightly with the edges and back and scratch up the phone with repeated use? I like the lay down flat ones that they have for the cupholder center console, but I don't want to lose the use of those two cupholders in the console. The Tesla Model 3 one is perfect, but they don't have an equivalent for Model S. Any feedback you can give would be great!

I've been looking for a good wireless charger for the Model S and this one looks nice. A question I have is how tight does it grip the phone when you slide it in? Does it rub tightly with the edges and back and scratch up the phone with repeated use? I like the lay down flat ones that they have for the cupholder center console, but I don't want to lose the use of those two cupholders in the console. The Tesla Model 3 one is perfect, but they don't have an equivalent for Model S. Any feedback you can give would be great!
get the console tray that has a lay down charger with 3-rings of contact....it also has a separate place for another usb charger cable....it is cheap and really looks great....I forget the name of it but I am sure you can search and google it......it slips right into the console and you have a quick charge....I love it

EDIT: this also has a 2-cup holder

get the console tray that has a lay down charger with 3-rings of contact....it also has a separate place for another usb charger cable....it is cheap and really looks great....I forget the name of it but I am sure you can search and google it......it slips right into the console and you have a quick charge....I love it

EDIT: this also has a 2-cup holder

Is it this one?
Tesla Model S / X Wireless Charging Tray Box With Cup Holder

yes....although if I am not mistaken, I did not pay that much.....but it is super.....the console top comes back and the pointed tits on the cup holder prevents it from hitting the cans or cups when you push to close......I really like it...fits tight and can be taken out very easily....if you can't find it for less, I would not hesitate buying it for that price.....it is worth the money and gives you double charging capability....also in the center, you can insert USB for music.....just remember to connect the correct on the the date power side and you will be good to go

I read that it supports fast charging but you have to plug it into a cigarette lighter, is the charging pretty descent?
I do not have any problems with mine....there are 2 USB's....one for data/music/dash cam and the other one for charging....the cup holder has a usb for plugging into one of the cars usb's.....it supports charging for the large charging pad and the short cable for charging.....the other cable is for the other phone charger.......in the middle, in front of the cup holder holes is another USB the I put my thumb drive with music in.....It is tied to the date usb.....all works for me....just follow the instructions provided....even though they are weak, you will see what it is and how things should go together

The Green Mission chargers sit in the same location as the Tesla USB phone docks, like the Tesla factory-installed wireless chargers.

The other wireless chargers for sale have put the chargers into the console storage area, covering up the storage area - which isn't as useful.