Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla with lights on and in P in car park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the thoughtful comments.

I can confirm the car was in P - I checked the screen because I thought maybe it somehow was stuck in H. But definately P - the map was still displayed - it looked ready to drive off in - which is why I was concerned. No-one in the back and no pets in there. Was totally empty - I couldn't spot a phone or a card key.

The photo doesn't show just how close it was to the wall, I saw the driver and passenger park as I drove in, and vaguely recall seeing the driver too close to open his door, so I honestly think he climbed out the passenger door (there was enough room and he had a passenger to help).

I was surprised Tesla actually answered the phone (I called the service center) and then was suprised they could lock it - I didn't actually ask them to lock it, I asked them to contact the owner, but a minute after I hung up the call I saw the car lock and lights turn off! Nice to know Tesla can actually do that!

, so I honestly think he climbed out the passenger door (there was enough room and he had a passenger to help).

Yep. That would do it. Gotta make sure to open and close that driver door after leaving the driver seat, if you perform this maneuver. Otherwise someone can just drive off with your car (if they do the right thing), without a PIN, and without a key card, and without a phone. It is ready to roll, and it believes you are still sitting in the driver's seat.

Reactions: peterept