Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X Problems after 135000 km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla friends,

I am facing multiple problems after 135000 km with my Model X. Maybe someone has the same experiences?

Keys stopped working ( was replaced several time before) had to buy a new key. € 150 for a replacement
Aircondition failure resulted in replacing 2 Parts. € 1.500 for repair
Steering shafts seemed to be done needed to replaced. € 1.000 for repair
These last 2 within 2 weeks!
What is next to be afraid of?
My Car was in 28 months in total 2 1/2 months in repair for numerous other things and I am afraid the end is not near?
What to do sell my car?

Dear Tesla friends,

I am facing multiple problems after 135000 km with my Model X. Maybe someone has the same experiences?

Keys stopped working ( was replaced several time before) had to buy a new key. € 150 for a replacement
My Car was in 28 months in total 2 1/2 months in repair for numerous other things and I am afraid the end is not near?
What to do sell my car?

My brand-new Model X had these issues in the first 500 miles (800 kilometres):
  • Key fob battery died (Tesla replaced battery)
  • A/C failure, due to the hoses being connected backwards
  • Steering shaft/bash plate tightened/retorqued
Sounds very similar to your issues, however I had them all in a new Model X. So I don't think your issues have to do with the age of your car, but rather were flaws from day 1. The fact that your car worked properly this long with these issues is a monument to the amazing engineering of Tesla.

I would say, get them fixed and keep going. It's still better than a BMW :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: mswlogo and tangent
I would be more afraid of the issues with a Mercedes of this number of kms/miles. I had a Mercedes before, and paid more than 2x what you paid to fix, key drum, retractable roof, check engine light (almost an annual problem), etc.

I know what you mean. We have BMW 3 series cars. All of the turbocharged models needed a new turbo and wastegate at around 60,000 miles, right after the original warranty runs out. $7,500 or so.

Then there is the $600 brake jobs ever 25,000 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: tangent and BBone
Dear Tesla friends,

What to do sell my car?

This story continious! More repairs and the battery is going down also! Plus Tesla reduced charging so now I need to charge all the time beyween 20 and 30 minutes more

Reactions: NoSoup4U!
My brand-new Model X had these issues in the first 500 miles (800 kilometres):
  • Key fob battery died (Tesla replaced battery)
  • A/C failure, due to the hoses being connected backwards
  • Steering shaft/bash plate tightened/retorqued
Sounds very similar to your issues, however I had them all in a new Model X. So I don't think your issues have to do with the age of your car, but rather were flaws from day 1. The fact that your car worked properly this long with these issues is a monument to the amazing engineering of Tesla.

I would say, get them fixed and keep going. It's still better than a BMW :rolleyes:

Sorry, but this number of issues for 84,000 miles is no engineering marvel, not terrible but not great by any means. Most (ICE) cars easily hit 100k miles with no issues at all. And well over 200k miles is common these days. That’s been my experience with some of the lowest reliability brands (Jeeps and VW’s).

If he goes another 135000 km (84k miles) with 0 issues then I’d call it good.

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial