Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 5/17 and had the delivery date change weekly. Moved from 26 May to 30 June, then 9-13 weeks and today it changed to sept….I assume Sept 2021?
Very similar to me. I ordered white MY LR, 7 Seater,+tow, black interior, FSD, on May 18, it was showing EDD of Jun 17-30 for a long time. And this morning it shows September. I'min CA but that doesn't seem to be helping. I'm hoping it's just a glitch and tomorrow I will have a VIN. Lol

4/19 order, was 6/14-6/30, changed to 07/21-08/10.

keeps changing daily. It would appear they are not “manufacturing” 7 seater batches and unlikely to get something by June end.

after getting no where with my SA, another SA did confirm that earliest I would get a vehicle is end of July.

I don’t understand how Tesla can screw up delivery times. You order the car, it’s gets a build number assigned, it goes through the build cycle, Q&A is scheduled, shipping is scheduled and it gets tracked along the way. This is not Spacex rocket science. If there is a delay anywhere in the process, the delivery date is adjusted with an explanation. This is not as hard as Tesla is making it. I would be happy to help with their logistical audit trail.

Very similar to me. I ordered white MY LR, 7 Seater,+tow, black interior, FSD, on May 18, it was showing EDD of Jun 17-30 for a long time. And this morning it shows September. I'min CA but that doesn't seem to be helping. I'm hoping it's just a glitch and tomorrow I will have a VIN. Lol
I would say check inventory frequently. What you are looking for showed up exactly in inventory and I bought it. We originally wanted the 5 seater but when the 7 seater showed up in inventory, I jumped on it. Now I am very glad we went with the 7 seater. The extra versatility is going to come in handy. I can take the kids and their grandparents all in one car.

I know it is hard waiting, but it is definitely worth the wait. Ours was put together very well and I spent a good 90 minutes going over it before finally taking delivery. It rides and drives better than any of the demo cars we tested. Hopefully you all will get yours soon and start enjoying them too.

BTW, if you don't need floor mats for the 3rd row, the 3D Maxspider 5 passenger ones look and work great. I found these as a return (like new) for about 10% off. They didn't look like they were ever out of the box either. I didn't realize how crappy the stock floor mats were either until I took them out.

Here are the sites I used to keep searching inventory. There are several 7 seaters in inventory now. Even a std range 7 seater. Look at my 3rd link (tesla-info) and it should show them the quickest. It shows a photo and lists the seats in an easy to see way.

I also used the Tesla site but put in a bunch of zip codes within an acceptable range to pick it up from or where you might want them to ship from.