Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

21T3slaY

Jun 17, 2021
North Carolina
I ordered a 7 pass, got a VIN 4 weeks later, confirmed a delivery appt 2 weeks later, then 30 min later received a text saying the vehicle was undeliverable and that I'd go back into the queue to wait on another. I'm not a patient person so I did as others have done and repeatedly searched known zip codes for what I wanted on tesla.com til it magically appeared and I slapped another $100 down to hold it. Then I contacted the SA and had them move my reservation number (which had my partial payment on the first VIN that was "undeliverable", etc) over to the new VIN and I am picking up tomorrow in a city nearby. If you really really want your Y before Septober, I think that is the sadly the most effective way to make it happen.

blogreader

May 6, 2021
WA
I ordered a 7 pass, got a VIN 4 weeks later, confirmed a delivery appt 2 weeks later, then 30 min later received a text saying the vehicle was undeliverable and that I'd go back into the queue to wait on another. I'm not a patient person so I did as others have done and repeatedly searched known zip codes for what I wanted on tesla.com til it magically appeared and I slapped another $100 down to hold it. Then I contacted the SA and had them move my reservation number (which had my partial payment on the first VIN that was "undeliverable", etc) over to the new VIN and I am picking up tomorrow in a city nearby. If you really really want your Y before Septober, I think that is the sadly the most effective way to make it happen.
I've not seen a 7 seat LR in the Seattle or Portland area on the website for a few weeks now. There was one in Spokane that has close to 2K miles on it.

moe0059

May 18, 2021
Pittsburgh
Congratulations!

I have tried the same but apparently no white with black interior 7 seaters , Gemini wheels and tow hitch are available as existing inventory.

I found the same without tow, chatted with Tesla and agent said since it wasn’t an exact match, they wouldn’t honor my reservation price. 😢

GroovyRoo

Jun 21, 2021
Vancouver, BC
I had to do the same thing, I ordered June 5th and was getting a 2-3 month EDD.

Ordered: MYLR, charcoal, 7 seater, black interior

Kept checking inventory and one popped up at 3:30AM on Saturday night so I grabbed it...same specs plus tow hitch. Picking up on Friday :)

Reactions: Tesslady

DayTrippin

Apr 30, 2021
Jax
Congratulations!

I have tried the same but apparently no white with black interior 7 seaters , Gemini wheels and tow hitch are available as existing inventory.

I found the same without tow, chatted with Tesla and agent said since it wasn’t an exact match, they wouldn’t honor my reservation price. 😢
That is exactly what I picked up from inventory 2 weeks ago. Hang in there, it is worth the wait. It was hard to wait for the install of the PPF before I could really drive it but you will forget a lot of the hassle once you have it. Just have to keep restraining myself from buying the acceleration boost for it.

Reactions: moe0059

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC