Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaBros vs NikolaPros chrome delete kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Looking to DIY chrome delete soon for my Model 3, was wondering which of the two to select from, TeslaBros or NikolaPros, since they both have relatively about the same price.

Quickly looking at the installation videos for both, it seems that NikolaPros kit is a bit easier to install due to the ability to peel off the papers section by section, instead of having to pull the whole thing apart on the TeslaBros kit. The videos are a bit more thorough for the NikolaPros kit.

In terms of quality and customer service, which one does it better? They both seem to claim to have 3M vinyls, but I am not sure about their customer service. What do you all think I should pick and why? Thanks.

for me customer service is #1. if I am giving someone my hard earned money I expect good customer service after the sale.

i was scared to do the delete myself but after reading the entire tesla bros thread here and their proactive feedback i decided on going with them. placed an order last night.

Very timely. I just got done installing Nikola kit for the mirrors. Had done rest of the car prior using standard 2 inch vinyl.

Mirrors are tricky but they have split the material into 10 parts and the video is very thorough. Nikola provides a spare set in case you mess up. I did have to use the spare for 2 pieces. Not sure if the other kit has spares. I do still see faint creases where the backing is cut but i think they will clear out. I would rate the kit 8 out of 10.

Very timely. I just got done installing Nikola kit for the mirrors. Had done rest of the car prior using standard 2 inch vinyl.

Mirrors are tricky but they have split the material into 10 parts and the video is very thorough. Nikola provides a spare set in case you mess up. I did have to use the spare for 2 pieces. Not sure if the other kit has spares. I do still see faint creases where the backing is cut but i think they will clear out. I would rate the kit 8 out of 10.

You can make those creases disappear by heating them with the heat gun and then rubbing the vinyl with your finger. All my creases were 95% gone after doing that and 100% gone after a few days of sitting in the sun.

Reactions: Neo101 and lUtriaNt
Why stay out of the sun? Does the 3M vinyl expand in the heat?

I think he means while installing it, probably makes the product stretch more than it should.

I hit purchase on the satin with Nikola Pro, got a tracking number within 2mins. Hopefully get it this week. I had a local company here in Las Vegas quote me $1050.00 to chrome delete the Model 3... whaaaaaaat? Another company said $800! I’ll give it a try first