Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, I assume you are talking about the USB connection and you are having trouble inserting the USB card adapter in all the way? Otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Memory card only has 1 partition? If you cut up your memory card into multiple partitions that may cause it not to be seen, depends on how it was partitioned. Works best if you dedicate one device and using single partition.

Card file system = ??? FAT32 is recommend but exFat should work too. Others may not.

You have the folder properly named off the root? TeslaCam is the folder name that must exist for video storage.

If you put music on this memory card, can you access that music and play? MP3 or FLAC works, perhaps more types do too, I've only tried these.

Both of my front ports are usb-c. The left one has the wireless phone charger plugged in and I'm using the right one for the memory card. I'm using a Samsung pro endurance microsdxc uhs-i 128gb card with a single partition. It is formatted as FAT32 with a single file labeled TeslaCam. It doesn't feel like it goes far enough into the port but I hesitate to cut the material around it to see if it will make a difference.

Both of my front ports are usb-c.

That does not sound right. Does it look like this?
Tesla-Model-Y-Front-Port-USB-C-USB-A.jpg

If so then left side is USB-C, that cable plugs into left side for wireless charger above, and the right side is USB-A not C, so you need to plug in a "normal" USB rectangular end into that, the kind you find on a typical USB flash drive.

if there is nothing on that card that you need to keep, try a full format as either FAT32 or exFAT, and then put a couple of MP3 or FLAC music files on it. Does your MY see those files and play them if you choose USB for audio? Trying to figure out if it is Tesla cam or the card itself. Baby steps...

And if none of that works, how much trying a different, normal USB flash drive that is FAT32 or exFAT. Perhaps there is something wrong with your USB port on right side, not plugged in on other side? Something simpler than the card plus adapter you are trying to use.

Last edited:
Some good ideas to try. I have the memory card in an adapter and the adapter indicator light is on when I plug it in so, power. The card (new) was formatted as FAT32 with a single file TeslaCam. And the hard drive is ill on my pc now so I'm kinda limited in my choices right now. I'm in week 4 and still can't use the TeslaCam or Sentry mode.
This is a lot of work!

Both of my front ports are usb-c. The left one has the wireless phone charger plugged in and I'm using the right one for the memory card. I'm using a Samsung pro endurance microsdxc uhs-i 128gb card with a single partition. It is formatted as FAT32 with a single file labeled TeslaCam. It doesn't feel like it goes far enough into the port but I hesitate to cut the material around it to see if it will make a difference.

Use this Fat32 format, the one that Tesla uses requires an older version. This is what I used on my 3 & Y and they both work fine.

Note! Do not label the drive, Leave that Blank. Just insert the folder TeslaCam once the drive is formatted

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Fred

And probably a typo, but you only need a folder called TeslaCam - not a file. That is why I keep asking to do the MP3/FLAC audio USB check. We still do not know if this issue is just with Sentry or if it is detection and using USB altogether.

And probably a typo, but you only need a folder called TeslaCam - not a file. That is why I keep asking to do the MP3/FLAC audio USB check. We still do not know if this issue is just with Sentry or if it is detection and using USB altogether.
There was 1 report of the USB connection on the inside that was Not connected from the factory. So the Audio flash card would be a good test.

Fred