Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worked great. Thanks for posting. I did the full uninstall of the teslamate database (as you've shown above), modified the docker-compose.yml (database: section) as suggested and reloaded teslamate. Bumped into the Recaptcha error but I finally found a token generator that worked so I'm in. Now the next hurdle is to learn how to use the tool.
Sorry - got a bit busy with other stuff and only found your post about the token generator this morning. I used "Tesla API Token" to get a token - worked first time.

Glad you finally got it all sorted.

Reactions: pkeller
Can you share what you learned about getting the API token? I made it past the Teslamate WEB failure and now I'm fighting the Recaptcha error.

Tried a couple of different Token Generators, they failed saying that Tesla did not respond properly. Going to the Tesla web site and logging into my account with the same email and password worked fine.
Adrian Kumpf (the TeslaMate author) has a token generator app. I am guessing it was created to help get rid of the Captcha frustration. I haven't tried this yet.

And for the iPhone and iOS there is an app I used recently named Auth for Tesla. This one I did use and it works well.

What did you set it to when you installed Teslamate? It'll be in your config file or .yml - depending on how you installed it. probably "secret" :)
1635552485494.png

Yea I checked my yml and it's secret... and it still fails :(

My understanding of the positions table - and I may be wrong - is that it contains data from the car at a particular place and time i.e. position. So for example the speed the car is doing at that particular moment is recorded. As is power, location, etc. Although you could work out the distance travelled between two points there is no guarantee that the speed (or power) is constant between those two points. The drives dashboard uses the total distance of the drive and the average speed so there will be less error. It fudges the energy used by looking at the range before and after the drive and multiplying that by the car's efficiency. But we all know that the range is affected by temperature. gradient etc, so may not be accurate especially when doing it between two positions. Again the longer the distance the less inaccurate it will be.

If I get time this weekend I'll play around with the above to see how it compares to the in-car graph. Interesting experiment.

Has anyone looked at importing TeslaMate data into tessie.com? Is it even possible to export all the data in a sensible format? The folks at Tessie said they could take a look if I can provide them with an export but I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe that should be an option on the menu?