Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question: How to report cameras to Tesla navigation's new speed camera detection feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I've noticed that many speed cameras or red light cameras are missing from the Tesla Navigation system in the city of New York. Is there a way to manually report a new camera that was installed? Which API / source does Tesla use to acquire it's speed camera data from?

It's absolutely ridiculous, I think their data is from 2021. Is there anyway to find out the source of where they are getting their information from?
It seems like they get at least some of their map data from TomTom, does TomTom have speed/red light cameras? If so, you might check if TomTom has the cameras listed that Tesla doesn't.

It seems like they get at least some of their map data from TomTom, does TomTom have speed/red light cameras? If so, you might check if TomTom has the cameras listed that Tesla doesn't.
So I downloaded TomTom and compared it to the Tesla navigation system. TomTom seems to have a lot more speed/red light cameras than the Tesla Navigation system. So I'm not sure if they're pulling their data from TomTom for the cameras