Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do the logs say? You could try logging out of TeslaMate and back in and see if it can poll your car.

What version of TeslaMate are you running? There was a Tesla modification / bug that was resolved for the car name issue.
yes, I saw that - was running 1.26, yesterday updated to 1.27.3

by logging out of teslamate you mean not loggining out from grafana, from TM itself?

Grafana is just the front end for the database queries. It only reports on data that is already in the database.
Teslamate diagram.png

The logs will likely give you the best clue as to what is going wrong.

So, I have been running Teslamate for about 4 years against my company lease Tesla - all brilliant! However, that car is going back soon, and I have a personal replacement Tesla arriving...

The replacement car will be signed into a completely different account (home, not work), and although there is a 3 month overlap on the cars, my understanding is having both in one Teslamate instance is simply not happening.

So assuming I *just* wanted to 'replace' my old car with my new one, would I just sign out of one account in the Teslamate UI and sign into the new car's one?

What happens to the existing data, would that still be there but separated off, or do I need to delete the database or something?

If I did need/want o clear down (the backup is getting quite big), how do I do that without literally starting from scratch?

Any advice/assistance greatly appreciated 🙏.
Just getting round to this...

I assume I do this in the following order
  1. Drop the database
  2. Restart Teslamate
  3. THEN put in the new car account details

yeah, i'm pretty comfortable with installing docker images, but there's different options to install (postgres 10/11/12/13) so i'm jjust wondering if it matters which
13 in my YML, 15 in the model:

Reactions: cwanja and jonny2x4
Occasionally, my Tesla App and Teslamate itself loses connection to the vehicle and it appears as Offline. This occurred this morning and last time in late July. It seems to be happening every 2 or 3 weeks. The 2 button scroll reset of the screen kicks it back Online every time or if we drive it back home and it auto connects to wifi. Teslamate logs just show a bunch of http 408 errors throughout the day/night, but nothing else really. Has anyone else experienced it? I've setup a mobile service to see if they can remote diagnose it. All other functions of the car (navigation, music streaming, etc) seem to work in the car itself while it drives.

Teslamate doesn't talk to the car. See above diagram, second post on this page. Both it and the app talk to the servers that Tesla run. The car talks to the servers when it has connectivity. If a 2 button reset fixes it (albeit temporarily) then it is likely an issue with the car or it's connectivity.

What exactly are you seeing in the error logs. I bet there is more than 408 errors. Can you share some logs?

Also, don't mention Teslamate to Tesla. They'll just close your case off and blame it on Teslamate.

Reactions: cwanja and voom500
13 in my YML, 15 in the model:
thanks for the help - i've got my containers set up, just working on generating a token to use now...

Reactions: cwanja and goRt