Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Rocker cover PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I bought this ahead of taking delivery of my 3 a fortnight ago but haven't got around to fitting it yet - it looks very straight forward but I'm ever so slightly apprehensive at the prospect of removing it at the end of my lease in 3yrs and paint coming off with it. I was also planning to apply after the car has its first polish and wax but opinion seems to be split on whether you should strip the wax before application, too!

Has anyone else used (and removed?) this that could offer any pearls of wisdom?

Is it the small Tesla supplied one that fits ahead of the rear wheel or a bigger one such as the Xpel one?

We had the Xpel one installed and, due to fitting issue, had another Xpel Approved Installer replace it a month later. It literally took 30 seconds and a couple minutes to clean the panel up again. It took a bit longer to resolve the paint issue that the original fitter covered up and didn't bother to mention.

These things seem to pull off very easily once you have got it started.

Reactions: TesTed
Is it the small Tesla supplied one that fits ahead of the rear wheel or a bigger one such as the Xpel one?

We had the Xpel one installed and, due to fitting issue, had another Xpel Approved Installer replace it a month later. It literally took 30 seconds and a couple minutes to clean the panel up again. It took a bit longer to resolve the paint issue that the original fitter covered up and didn't bother to mention.

These things seem to pull off very easily once you have got it started.
Hi, it's the relatively small Tesla one that they sell for £50

tbh, I would just leave it on there at end of the lease. Its additional protection and pretty common on other cars so as long as its been installed well and still looks good, from a non lease owners POV, I would be surprised if they were too bothered. Worth asking them though but its not like a console wrap or other sticker that noticeably changes to look of the car. If they say no, if its like the Xpel one, it should come off and clean up easily but you may notice that the paintwork is in better condition under it.

I've installed it, it's easy to do with a spray of water mixed with baby shampoo.

It is also very easy to remove, again just use the same spray mixture to help. It absolutely won't remove any paint when it comes off.

I have removed and reapplied mine.