Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nov 11, 2021
If I place the order for 2021 Model Y - when can I expect to receive it?

If it’s for a mat, probably next week or the week after. It would normally be same day ship but we have a couple thousand customers getting their mats and we ship first come first serve basis. We have more than enough inventory to accommodate your order.

T Shields
Sent from Elon's Basement
Model 3 floor mat kit ||Model Y floor mat kit

@tshields
Guys! Just got my M3 VIN/notice today!! C'mon mats!! #3723
1637552168334.png

Reactions: Tinaatwt
@pipp I'm a bit confused, you liked my post but didn't address the question.

Like CanadaBill I ordered M3 mats at a similar time (#3707, slightly earlier), but do not have an estimated delivery in my order status. Is there a set of mats in the warehouse mapped to me, or do I have to wait for a backordered shipment? If the latter, I'll very regretfully likely have to cancel.

Email to support was sent on 11/17 if that's easier.

Thanks!

@pipp I'm a bit confused, you liked my post but didn't address the question.

Like CanadaBill I ordered M3 mats at a similar time (#3707, slightly earlier), but do not have an estimated delivery in my order status. Is there a set of mats in the warehouse mapped to me, or do I have to wait for a backordered shipment? If the latter, I'll very regretfully likely have to cancel.

Email to support was sent on 11/17 if that's easier.

Thanks!
Looking back at my post I am reminded that it turned out a lot more unclearly than I thought It would. In the context of your post, which reported tshields stating on their website that some people would have to wait for their orders, tshields also told pushra (as shown by my post) in post #59 a few days earlier that there was about to be plenty of inventory ready for everybody, so pushra should feel free to order whatever they might need from tshields.

The point being that for me, tshields has fallen out of the credible category. Whatever they say cannot be trusted, and the only way you can know if/when your order is coming is if/when the order actually shows up at your house.

The point being that for me, tshields has fallen out of the credible category. Whatever they say cannot be trusted, and the only way you can know if/when your order is coming is if/when the order actually shows up at your house.
I am in the same boat. I was very patient at first and wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt since it seems like the mats are a very good product, but this has gotten ridiculous.

9/27 order# 3285

Reactions: ss71
@tshields I'm a little confused.

I ordered my Model 3 floormats on 9 Oct. I receive a mass-email today saying:

Tesla model 3 2021 floor mat supporters will receive their order at the end of December if purchased after September 19th, 2021.

Am I confused or are you now saying I won't get my mats until end-Dec (and presumably even later since I'm October), well into the winter season? If that's the case I'll probably need to cancel my order and buy something I can use now that the snow is coming down.

Last edited:
We just started shipment on Friday night and have already shipped out more than 100 orders. We should be shipped out this coming week.

OK, this post is from 25 days ago. Maybe its time to pick out a handful more of unhappy customers and promise them an expedited shipment if they write rave reviews of your product and proclaim that it is worth the wait…

OK, this post is from 25 days ago. Maybe its time to pick out a handful more of unhappy customers and promise them an expedited shipment if they write rave reviews of your product and proclaim that it is worth the wait…
We had an inventory drop on the 5th which was supposed to contain our inventory in one lump sum. That shipment contained around 450 completed sets. We have since been receiving random parts since then and as of last night recieved two large containers containing much more inventory. We are expecting to have all items counted, sorted, and kitted together within a week and shipped out right after. I sincerely apologize for the wait and this is not how we normally run our business, however, these are both challenging and volatile times due to supply chain constraints and the ripple effects from the pandemic of last year.

We had an inventory drop on the 5th which was supposed to contain our inventory in one lump sum. That shipment contained around 450 completed sets. We have since been receiving random parts since then and as of last night recieved two large containers containing much more inventory. We are expecting to have all items counted, sorted, and kitted together within a week and shipped out right after. I sincerely apologize for the wait and this is not how we normally run our business, however, these are both challenging and volatile times due to supply chain constraints and the ripple effects from the pandemic of last year.
Sorry tshields, not believing anything you post at this moment, and that will be the case until I receive my order. If the order is received, about 55% of your credibility will be restored in my eyes. But I will never be able to recommend that somebody buy from you, even if your mats jump out of my car at night and clean my house for me. Again, shipment issues happen and again, I won’t turn back into a pumpkin if the mats don’t arrive by midnight. There is no shame for you to have those issues as far as I am concerned, because they are largely out of your control. What you CAN control is how forthright you are with your customers when everything goes out of whack like this.

Reactions: Futureowner3
Sorry tshields, not believing anything you post at this moment, and that will be the case until I receive my order. If the order is received, about 55% of your credibility will be restored in my eyes. But I will never be able to recommend that somebody buy from you, even if your mats jump out of my car at night and clean my house for me. Again, shipment issues happen and again, I won’t turn back into a pumpkin if the mats don’t arrive by midnight. There is no shame for you to have those issues as far as I am concerned, because they are largely out of your control. What you CAN control is how forthright you are with your customers when everything goes out of whack like this.
I appreciate your input, we have been trying to pin point the issue the moment it started. It took us until a about two weeks ago to find the root cause and up until yesterday to locate and track each container our inventory is in. As soon as we found out we sent an email to each and every customer, however, some are not subscribed so they did not recieve them. During this time we did not have posting priledges until this Sunday. As soon as we were able to post I made a thread and pasted the news on all threads involving us. Please note that for all previous inventory drops we received our inventory in 1 container, however, due to the rising price of the container (which was around $1500 a year ago and is now close to $100,000) our inventory was placed in other containers.