Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Test Operator" Job posted in Phoenix - Ground Zero for FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
At the risk of having competition for this part-time job I applied for, I do think it's interesting this is the only one listed in the USA (haven't checked the world yet, and don't know about existing).

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Test Operator | Tesla

I've always contended that Tesla FSD would start in Chandler Az (where I live). Waymos are everywhere for reasons of simplicity and the local gov't works with tech companies like this. (Straight divided roads, nice traffic flow, newer, no snow...).

This job position goes contrary to relying 100% on customer data, but I do like the cautious approach to pre-test in the local region where it will likely deploy... city by city, state by state, country by country. Future looks bright, wish me luck!

That position seems to have been filled - loads to just the top level careers page, and not the specific job posting.

However, if you search for "test operator" with the location set to USA, it comes up with several other positions. These are in scattered across the country in several large cities. Atlanta (2 positions in Atlanta), Brooklyn, Fremont, Austin, Chicago, and Boston. Unlike the one that you found, the positions that are currently listed are all full-time.

From the posting for Atlanta:

Responsibilities
  • Drive a local pre-determined test route daily with the same vehicle to record data for, and provide subjective feedback on, the performance of daily Autopilot firmware updates.
  • Start/Stop recording devices, and do minor equipment/software debugging when necessary.
  • Do minor vehicle debugging and document issues with TIRs when necessary.
  • Analyze data collected during testing to “sanity check” it before handing to engineers, and make recommendations to the internal design teams based on subjective and objective findings.
  • Write daily End-of-Shift (EOS) email detailing observations and issues for engineers to follow up on.
  • Be on-call for questions and requests from engineers on specific occurrences.
  • Check vehicle is in proper and safe working order every day, and if not, notify team for repair.

• Helpful
Reactions: strangecosmos