Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas "Pre-existing" M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha yeah... I did lose my cool when I was in the dark about where the payment was at :( but it's hot here in Texas!

And wow! Thanks a ton :D just don't get lost in Nebraska furniture that place is a maze. Once you go in you don't know when you'll come out. Awesome store.

Ok, they’re at the Plano store. Ask for Jean, he knows you’re coming.

There’s also a set if lug nut plugs in there.

Reactions: DFWBrad
8/11: I'll admit, I had not actually driven a model 3 before purchasing one...figured I would either get it in a few days of purchase being a local one, have 7 days to decide, and either keep it or return it. Or do what I did last night, and go test drive one.

So far in this process, my father has been both my biggest supporter to get the car I want, but also my biggest critic (as he always has been) to make sure I get a good "fun" vehicle. One of his friends is a mega Tesla Shortist, so he has a very negative view on Tesla, the build quality, the EV world in general. He's old school ICE. And, "for the same cost you can get thew new C8 next year"

While I think he still has reservations on buying a nearly $70k "sedan", he was thoroughly impressed with the car after riding with me for 30 mins. As for me, I loved it. I had scheduled a performance model as that's what I've purchased, but they only had the base LR version available. And I have to admit, it had a lot more getup than I was expecting, which made me SUPER excited for the performance model :)

Got to meet a gentleman named Harry at the Southlake location, and he was super awesome. Answered the few questions I still had, gave me his very honest opinion on various topics, and gave me some tips/recommendations!

Were you the one who purchased the floor mode White on Black M3P that was in the Southlake location for 51.9k? I've been working with the folks down there and unfortunately had some delays with selling my existing vehicle so I couldn't take advantage of that deal.

Were you the one who purchased the floor mode White on Black M3P that was in the Southlake location for 51.9k? I've been working with the folks down there and unfortunately had some delays with selling my existing vehicle so I couldn't take advantage of that deal.

No, that's a good deal though! I purchased a Blue MP3 from the Plano location :) Honestly haven't even gotten to see it yet :(

I understand the frustration Brad... I purchased an inventory car from Plano on 7/30 and I'm still waiting. I don't have a car to drive around with in the meantime -- which is why I tried to speed things up with an inventory purchase -- so this has been a long wait. I foolishly expected to be able to write a check, maybe wait a couple days for car registration paperwork to go through, then drive away. I'm now looking at maybe 8/16, but was told no promises.

I understand the frustration Brad... I purchased an inventory car from Plano on 7/30 and I'm still waiting. I don't have a car to drive around with in the meantime -- which is why I tried to speed things up with an inventory purchase -- so this has been a long wait. I foolishly expected to be able to write a check, maybe wait a couple days for car registration paperwork to go through, then drive away. I'm now looking at maybe 8/16, but was told no promises.

Has your payment hit your account yet? From my discussions with Harry at the SL location, they have to run the local cars the same way they have to do new cars. The only difference is, they don't have to produce them.

8/12: So Friday my payment was "applied to my account", I was introduced to the "delivery team" and today (Monday) I was told my delivery was ready. Scheduled for tomorrow morning :3

Congrats! I'm still set for Friday morning. I had a nightmare that they sold us both the same car! Ha! I called an confirmed mine is still in plano.

How was the delivery process? Did you find anything that needed to be fixed or corrected? Any tips for me? Thanks!

Congrats! I'm still set for Friday morning. I had a nightmare that they sold us both the same car! Ha! I called an confirmed mine is still in plano.

How was the delivery process? Did you find anything that needed to be fixed or corrected? Any tips for me? Thanks!

Being that I was at work, was one of the reasons I went in Sunday for a test drive. He literally answered every question I had, in detail. So when the guy showed up yesterday he setup my phone, showed me the key, explained a few more things and was done in less than 10 mins to be honest.

Reactions: Jazz3D
Picked mine up today! Whoop!

Attachments

• 20190816_092250.jpg
    20190816_092250.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: byeLT4