TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

the absolute cheapest tesla available

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Bishop, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Bishop

Bishop Member

So going to try to reverse engineer this a little bit as the title says im looking for the lowest price i can get
    features dont matter
    miles dont matter
    title status doesnt matter

the only two things the car has to do is go from point A to point B and be able to be charged at home.

thats it

2. webbah

webbah Member

• Funny x 14
    • Like x 1
  3. Bishop

Bishop Member

• Funny x 1
  4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

webbah, I didn't have the nerve to say that. LOL

5. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse Member

It's a little bit of a crapshoot but it seems that historically, the cheapest used (non-salvage) model S's have recently bottomed out in the $26-30k range. The cheapest used car being sold through Tesla right this second (thanks to ev-cpo.com) is a 2014 85 RWD for $39,200, though it comes with a 2-year warranty. But if you are willing to go to private sale or third party dealerships, it looks like the cheapest one in the country right now is this used 85 with 111k miles in NJ: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/787021329/overview/ for $26,895. If absolute bottom price is your goal then don't buy it from Tesla, just use the standard used-car aggregator websites.

• Informative x 1
  6. Bishop

Bishop Member

i had noticed that but a few of them seem to be scams which is where the concern was and I figure if im going to give a stranger money then it might as well be someone the fourm

7. BrownOuttaSpec

There was a 2014 model S 60 no sunroof, no AP, No premium package (power lift gate), no air suspension, 21" rims, 85k miles, all scratched up, black exterior, beige interior, black piano that just got repo'd near me. No mobile charger but has the J1772 adapter. Front Passenger side door handle doesn't open/work, Chrome delete on the rear diffuser, kinda some weird bubbling on the Instrument cluster. I would value it in the mid $20's. That's probably the cheapest you are going to find one for.

Not really sure what value this post has other than saying that it is possible that there is some "low hanging fruit" out there but you probably have to go private party or auction.

• Like x 1
  8. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

whoa, forum membership does not guarantee it would not be a scammer. You must be careful everywhere. I'm not saying anyone here is dishonest, we haven't known all these folks for 60 years is all.

I would not buy anything that I have not put my eyes on, driven, charged, and seen a clear title.
    A salvaged and rebuilt Tesla may be blacklisted by Tesla and you also can't charge it at a Supercharger. If you want that, you better test supercharging too, not just DC/AC charging.

• Like x 1
  9. Bishop

Bishop Member

I've got a crazy idea to do a ev conversion on a 65 mustang which is why its such a weird requirement and my logic was to take a working tesla and dump everything i can into the mustang

• Like x 1
  10. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

You are right. Crazy idea. Big crazy. :)

11. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Tesla is far from being a point a to b car. Go look at other EVs that are much more suited

• Disagree x 1
  12. EVJunkie

EVJunkie Member

Have a VERY CLEAN 2013 85 kW with 133k miles on it. Loaded with everything other an dual chargers and RFS. I think market price is $29k or so. I plan on selling in a month or two.

13. TM Parts

TM Parts Teslamotive

Model 3 or S?

14. Bishop

Bishop Member

any

15. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Bishop. found you one. Contacted him for you. I suspect he will reach out to you - here.

16. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

@Akikiki reached out to me about selling my 2013 Model S. I'm contemplating possibly letting it go this spring/summer depending on what sort of refreshes Tesla reveals regarding their work on Plaid. It's one of the earlier P85+s that I got in July of 2013 and it's been to more North American superchargers than any other vehicle--784.

The mileage is at 283k and I was hoping to hit 300k before passing it along. It's currently sitting in my garage awaiting a new CPU which a ranger will replace in 4 days. A couple people have mentioned being interested in it over the years, though I've never revealed a willingness to sell before now. So, it has the potential for being a candidate for your project.

• Like x 3