Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Adventures of the GRAYEV Boat (i.e. a grey Tesla Model S 60) begin...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I went to do a test drive to what will be the most northern Tesla Supercharger in Squamish, BC. Canada when it opens.

The trip was wonderful. The highway 99 that runs up to it is very windy. It was so much fun. I can't believe how many thumbs up I got while driving up there. Vancouver is a very green city and people are embracing green cars & other initiatives, but its very neat to see that they recognize a Tesla.

However, I stopped a little sort of the destination. I ended up seeing the newly opened Sea to Sky Gondola and couldn't resist a pit stop and to pitch if they had any EVSE available. They said they will consider it. Squamish is only a few kilometers from there with some infrastructure and of course the soon to be opened supercharger.

In case you are interested, here are some pictures.

Sea To Sky Gondola - Imgur

On the way down the gondola stopped. I was trapped with a couple of people, great I said to myself. I hope they aren't going to whine. So I started talking to them. I opened up the conversation with "Wow, they really did a good job here. I was worried it would be a tourist trap, but its a hikers paradise!" Best stuck situation ever! The woman started talking to agree and I busted out laughing. I wasn't being rude, I was just astonished that I was stuck with a couple from my home of Newfoundland as I instantly knew the accent. The amount of laughter and jokes that ensued was outstanding. We chatted for about 30 minutes before the gondola got moving again. Good times!

After that adventure, I went to the City of Squamish library building where they have a fast DC EVSE. I was going to try and find the supercharger, but running out of time, I headed back to Vancouver.

Trip Summary

'Top' of Vancouver to the gondola was 71 km using 11.5 kWh (162 Wh/km). A quick pit stop in Squamish to see the DC charger there. Got back with a trip total of: 151 km, 25.9 kWh, (171 Wh/km).