Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The definitive phone key thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had an issue with using my phone to unlock the car. My main gripe is that I have to walk approx. 50' away from the car before it will auto lock. I have a Pixel 6a (android) and 2023 MYP. I haven't figured out away to adjust the distance before auto lock kicks in.

I've never had an issue with using my phone to unlock the car. My main gripe is that I have to walk approx. 50' away from the car before it will auto lock. I have a Pixel 6a (android) and 2023 MYP. I haven't figured out away to adjust the distance before auto lock kicks in.
you could probably try doing something to inhibit communication between your phone and the car.

Choose your pocket
Wrap it in wet cloth
Wrap it in tin foil

So I was having the problem where my phone key wasn't working and sometimes someone else in the house phone key doesn't work on the Tesla. Then I read the Tesla manual and realized it only allowed up to 3 PHONE KEYS SIMULTAENOUESLY LINKED. I have 4 people in the house with 4 phone keys, so everytime someone was being excluded. So we kicked 1 person off and now the 3 phone keys are always linked to the car. Just FYI for you people.

You're very very very lucky!!! Don't change a thing. Don't complain. Better to risk having your car stolen than to suffer with 80% reliability opening the door (or starting the car, after you manage to open the door).