Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The falcon doors are now opening by themselves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
view

Has anyone had problems with the Falcon door opening on its own, after the car is parked?

It has happened four times to me this week, here's the most recent, parked in a snowstorm while I was at the grocery store...

PXL_20210207_154126761.jpg

I've just turned on Sentry hoping that this will not happen any longer.

Tesla service hasn't bothered to answer my note, and any other reports would be helpful.

thanks.

this is super helpful. Ordering a guard now.

they finally got back to me and said that the logs said it was a pocket dial. I'm surprised that after a year of it not happening once, it happened four times in a week. But you never know!

PS this is one more example of bad design in a car that should be better at the little things. My take anyway.

That's the new AI driven falcon wing door opening system in the latest update. Based on machine learning and artificial intelligence the car now tries to guess when you want the doors open or close and acts on your behalf without you having to actually make any deicisions. An off switch for this feature coming later this year!

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hmmm, so what is a "pocket dial"? Sounds like they think you have a rotary phone in your pocket. :D I guess they mean you activated it with the key fob or had the app open on your smart phone and activated it that way. Agree with mswlogo. High probability that is what happened.