TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The future solar / wind distributed Tesla energy grid

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by 30seconds, May 13, 2018.

1. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Of course this has all been said here before but I thought I’d post it anyways

I think this is a very substantial piece of information regards the future of Tesla energy. Australia is a very interesting energy market for lots of reasons, but it seems to be particularly suited for a solar / wind distributed energy grid.

Add the relatively free market nature of the economy, low population density outside of Sydney & Melbourne and huge distances a battery backup makes sense for many homeowners - especially if they have solar or wind.

What makes even more sense is being able to program it to your local conditions.

And at a certain point there is enough distributed, stored energy on a common software & hardware platform that you can provide grid stabilization to the local power authorities for substantial profit (e.g., Hornesdale) while paying the battery owners.

Coming soon!

Tesla releases Powerwall 2 update to let owners take better advantage of variable energy costs

• Like x 1