TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The P-51 Mustang is Aerodynamic, like the Tesla Model 3.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 22522, Oct 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 22522

22522 Active Member

Went mountain biking and discovered a vintage air show just across the street. Had never heard a P-51 or Zero or large radial engine fighter first hand before. The V-12 in the P51 sounded great. The acrobatics were impressive.

The P-51 was fundamentally more aerodynamic, and faster.
    The Model 3 is fundamentally more aerodynamic...

I don't understand why the Model 3 will not outperform most other vehicles.

2. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

#3 JeffK, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Whenever I think P-51 I don't think of Tom Cruise but Chuck Yeager... Although money is nice, I'd rather be Chuck Yeager.

I have to say, after learning to what extent Tom Cruise does his own stunts I do have more respect for the guy then I had previously. I always think of him has that cocky Top Gun pilot or the crazy scientologist jumping around on Oprah.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Tom Cruise is OK. He still looks five years older than me, because he is. But he really should dispense with the shoe lifts. I mean, really... Anyone who stands over 5'-7" and has seen him in public can tell.

• Funny x 1
  5. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

That pretty much sums up Tom Cruise for me. I would not care if he kept his delusions private, but he uses his money and influence to harm others through protection of the cult. Of course I feel much the same way about any organization/company/church that puts the well-being of it's members second.

• Like x 4