Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Right Michelin Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You obviously have selectively read the thread to rationalize your viewpoint. But that's how these things go. Again, choosing the X-Ice tire as a year round tire will not make you happy. It will work well in snow and ice but will be noisy and have little grip in the summer. The warranty is void if you run it year round. Do not expect 40k miles. Read the warranty card carefully to understand how tire warranties work. They are prorated to a minimum tread and have other restrictions.
Nah bro, he good! Perfect tire for him. Enjoy!

Pre-Tesla I used the X-Ice on our minivan and it made the difference of that car being able to drive in 1" of snow or just staying parked in the driveway. It was an amazing tire for that environment. That being said using it outside of what it was designed for its heavily not recommended. You will eat that tire up in the warmer months not just because of the rubber compound but you will definitely be driving a lot more on much dryer pavement. If you don't want to take our recommendation thats fine, let your wallet do that for you.

Yeah, {cough} "Ostrichsak", I know the X-Ice Xi3 is not the Popular choice. I already know that. It is not the Popular choice. No it is not. The X-Ice Xi3 is not what is Popular.

I'll be fine.

You don't have to worry about me.

(PS - Again... I am -not- in SoCal. Repeat: Na-Ha-Hot in SoCal. For those in doubt, I am not in SoCal. See above)

Last edited:
My bad. I clicked this link because I just did a ton of research on 19" tires for my Model S cars including the Michelin offerings and settled on the "perfect tire" for my needs after compiling all of this. I thought maybe I could offer some independent insight to someone on a similar path and just found your wording a bit... odd. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my time typing up a lot of what I felt was useful info for someone who didn't want it. Now, after clarification, I still have no idea if you are actually seeking information and help based on your attitude so I'll just politely bow out of this thread and wish you the best of luck on your search for info... or not. Whatever it is your attempting to do here.
please let us know what you went with. i too am looking to replace my 19" goodyears oem with something all season and better tread life.