Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The tale of two orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a fun one to distract from the delivery thread.

I live in Central Vermont. Our family had 2 Model 3's delivered in early 2019(at the same time which was cool) and couldn't be happier with the experience. Although I wish the whites matched and the headlights lined up better but what ever. Growing pains. The good stuff is good.

Really in no rush but who doesn't like the thrill of the chase?

Order from 5-16 for a LR MY White Ext/Black Int, 5 Seat, Gemini's. Pre $500 increase! No dates, no ETA.

Tonight browsing and looking at inventory and saw my exact spec in Boston. Massachusetts has the stupidest sales tax laws. You get to pay in MA and your home state because MA doesn't share.

So I figured, even with the $500 price difference I'd happily pay for delivery instead of driving to Paramus NJ. Except of course on the web site after throwing down $100..... NO DELIVERY, Paramus NJ. DOH!

I certainly am fine to loose $100 either way, as I knew that going in. I'll spend $500 more to have the car sooner with delivery to save 500 miles(preferred). But I'm not going to spend $500 more to get the Y any sooner and just cancel(anyone in MA looking for this GO GO GO).

Clean deal otherwise. Not trading a car. Have financing lined up.

So do you think they ship it from:
Boston to VT?
or
Boston to NJ?