Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wrecked Roadster Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know the story (fire AND flood damage), but #651 (5YJRE1A1XA1000651) popped up three days ago on Copart in Florida: https://www.copart.com/lot/61960422/2010-tesla-roadster-fl-punta-gorda-south
3c795387f5e24d65a9501dddc6b244c1_ful.jpg
CM_007 purchased this car as a parts car the VIN is #1009.

Attachments

• IMG_9154.jpeg
    IMG_9154.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 138
CM_007 purchased this car as a parts car the VIN is #1009.
We purchased 1009, which looks nearly the same as this VIN 651. The same color, with different wheels, and 2.0 vs2.5 I don't see it on Copart; maybe it sold already. 1009 Is a rusty mess from the salt water. The pack was full of salt water also. I needed the front end, fenders, hood, and bumper grill headlights. PEM Motor Trans suspension and none of the electronics are good. 651 will be similar and won't pencil out if it sells for over 20k. What 651 has to offer is probably the same as 1009. That forklift photo scares me just by looking at it, and I am driving it. They loaded 1009 with a forklift back bumper facing forward and right over the cab on the semi-truck. The only way to get it off was this or a crane. My 5000LB forklift is at its counterweight limit in this photo.

We purchased 1009, which looks nearly the same as this VIN 651. The same color, with different wheels, and 2.0 vs2.5 I don't see it on Copart; maybe it sold already. 1009 Is a rusty mess from the salt water. The pack was full of salt water also. I needed the front end, fenders, hood, and bumper grill headlights. PEM Motor Trans suspension and none of the electronics are good. 651 will be similar and won't pencil out if it sells for over 20k. What 651 has to offer is probably the same as 1009. That forklift photo scares me just by looking at it, and I am driving it. They loaded 1009 with a forklift back bumper facing forward and right over the cab on the semi-truck. The only way to get it off was this or a crane. My 5000LB forklift is at its counterweight limit in this photo.

I thought #651 was Jet Black, not Glacier Blue...

A Secret Stash of Rare Tesla Roadsters Is Rotting Away in Maryland​

I had to pour myself a Irish scotch and do an Irish wake after reading this article.
I think the Glaser Blue is vin 1089. It would be nice to ID them all for this thread. @TEG or @DeedWest, any info on these fallen soldiers?

A Secret Stash of Rare Tesla Roadsters Is Rotting Away in Maryland​

I had to pour myself a Irish scotch and do an Irish wake after reading this article.
I think the Glaser Blue is vin 1089. It would be nice to ID them all for this thread. @TEG or @DeedWest, any info on these fallen soldiers?
Signature 88, 338, 689, 1089, 1152, and 1423

@Medlock&Sons @drewski – is this #1038 finally being prepped for surgery?

View attachment 1025870
Yes, it is! As bad as it looks, it still ran and drove when it arrived.
We charged the pack, pulled the BMB'z, and pulled the service disconnect; amazingly, it still shows a 70% charge after a year.

We started the repairs with the mechanical parts first. Roadsters do not die here; we save them.

We need more Roadster work. We are finally getting through the backlog of cars. At one point, we had 57 of them here; we have been working 6-7 days a week to catch up. Once we complete five more, we can offer a 45- to 60-day turnaround for most jobs. Unless they are like 1038, and those will be a smidgen longer.