Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They didn't send the bag of cables with my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called and got a good response; they'd FEDEX them immediately. I was speechless, my bud even desperately checked the glove box. Aside from that, the car is flawless, though.

Edit; lost 20 miles thru phantom drain, so have to go to supercharger if I'm gonna make that trip today. Additionally, I'll have to cool it in order to make it to the destination supercharger. I was really looking forward to that windy river road, going around the Sunday drivers.

Same happened to me. I noticed it during delivery (home delivery, straight from the Fremont factory). The person delivering said he'd Uber back to pick it up but I declined as I already had a wall charger.

It took about two months to sort out so I should forced the guy to pick it up before I signed.

I do know that sentry mode was on tonight I will ensure climate control is off good tips thanks

"vampire drain" or "phantom drain" refer to "power lost when we dont know the reason". You absolutely did not experience "phantom drain / vampire drain" because we know exactly where your power loss came from. It came from the sentry mode you turned on, so isnt phantom.

If you are concerned about mileage or "getting to a charge" you can NOT use sentry mode or cabin overheat protection. Sentry mode uses about 1 mile an HOUR of power, so you simply can not use it if you are worried about making it somewhere and are not plugging in.

Also, if you mean the charging cables, those usually are in the sub trunk area. If those are the cables you are talking about, did you look there?

I do know that sentry mode was on tonight I will ensure climate control is off good tips thanks

Where do you live? Do you at least have the J1772 adapter that comes with the car? You might be able to find a local Tesla owner (or other EV owner) willing to take pity on you and get you charged up locally until your cable arrives. :) I know I would be happy to help out a new owner in a predicament...

Make sure to turn off cabin overheat protection in addition to sentry mode if you are trying to conserve energy.

I called and got a good response; they'd FEDEX them immediately. I was speechless, my bud even desperately checked the glove box. Aside from that, the car is flawless, though.

Edit; lost 20 miles thru phantom drain, so have to go to supercharger if I'm gonna make that trip today. Additionally, I'll have to cool it in order to make it to the destination supercharger. I was really looking forward to that windy river road, going around the Sunday drivers.

This is really unfortunate. I hope you were able to make your trip with the new car still - though it is definitely advisable to have your charger for a 400-mile round trip road trip, even if you don’t plan to use it!

I assume you checked the lower trunk compartment (that is where the bag is often located)?

As mentioned, you did not experience phantom drain, primarily - you experienced “feature drain”. Using Sentry Mode all the time would use a large amount of energy (equivalent to driving 9000 miles a year) - might be worth it if you really need it, though.

Let us know how your trip went in the other thread, if you get a chance.