Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things to check for in 2016 Model S 75?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, thanks to you all for the help on my last post and stopping me from overpaying for a 2016 90d ($60k) with no upgrades. I have since moved on and found a better deal and wanted to know what you all recommend I look out for when inspecting the car this week. First the specs ($49k):

2016 Model S 75 (Dec2016 so facelift)
51k miles
AP/FSD purchased
HW3 and MCU2 upgrades done
Tesla extended warranty until Dec 2024
Free supercharging and data
21 inch wheels on and comes with the 19 inch wheels as well
wall charger, mobile charger, adapters included

I’ve verified CARFAX on it and the owner sent service records from Tesla to me as well that helped me verify the upgrades and extended warranty purchase. Now I’ve see the Rich Rebuilds video about what to inspect on the Tesla, but is there anything else I should be looking out for or any gotchas during the transfer process to be aware of? I believe the price is pretty spot on as well as I haven’t seen anything in the model s realm for close to the same price from Tesla or otherwise. Test drove a Model 3 and Model Y but there is something about the Model S that’s better to me and I’m not willing to pay the cost for a new one.

Be aware that the extended service agreement is 4 yrs or 50k miles from when the original OEM warranty ended. With it only have 51k miles now, I'm guessing the original warranty did expire after 4 years, but you probably want to confirm what the mileage was at that point. I believe you'll only have 50k miles from that point. Depending on how many miles have been driving since the originally warranty expired you could find yourself in a situation where the ESA may run out sooner than Dec 2024 as you are expecting.