Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my 2016 Model S 60 "uncorked" to 75?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!
I am the second owner of a 2016 Model S 60. Very basic entry model. Bought it from a small dealership who didn't have much history of the previous owner. I am extremely happy with the car. It made my daily commute of 20 miles to work much more fun.

Looking through the app under "Specs" section, there is a "75" listed there. Does that mean the previous owner paid Tesla to "uncork" it? Here is the screenshot:

1708534569753.png

Thank you!

I bought my S 60 back in 2016. I later paid to upgrade it to a 75. Strangely I still see 60 in the app - specs where you see 75. However on the main app screen I see 75. That's on the bottom of the main screen, right above the specs button. Also, in the car it shows 75 in the binnacle display and on the software tab of the MCU. At 80 percent charge, I have about 179 rated miles.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention... often on the forum, the word 'uncorked' is used to mean a free acceleration boost that some model S cars of that era were eligible to receive. My car doesn't have the necessary hardware for that. HTH.