Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of getting a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you do manual underwriting you can likely still get a loan. One of the real stupid things about credit score based loans is that a guy with 1mill in the bank but a **** credit score can't get a 100k loan. If you have the income and assets to back the loan, find a place that will do manual underwriting.
'

Thanks, I will look into that, what exactly is that? and I agree. money is nothing to them lol. there are reasons other than lack of ability to pay back a loan. hell divorce even screws you over. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Did you already try the Tesla lending? They use several different lenders, one might work for you.
I have not but i would almost doubt they would be able to. something about that seems like they want A1 only lol

I have not but i would almost doubt they would be able to. something about that seems like they want A1 only lol
I was honest and they gave me a loan (I wouldn't give me a loan so I was surprised) but they don't ask for verification of stated income, if you know the car it will work for your budget accidentally inflating you income won't be double checked. It doesn't hurt to give it a try. Only if you've had many credit inquiries does a red flag go up.

I was honest and they gave me a loan (I wouldn't give me a loan so I was surprised) but they don't ask for verification of stated income, if you know the car it will work for your budget accidentally inflating you income won't be double checked. It doesn't hurt to give it a try. Only if you've had many credit inquiries does a red flag go up.

well i may have had a few inquiry for the car as well as a credit card or two within the last year (was gonna get one for work for expense account) but ended up just paying out of pocket first (figured i could have built credit by paying it off with my reimbursement :/

- - - Updated - - -

since i do not know you, you care to share what your score was? mine is about 575 I think although I just read about USA discounters a little bit ago. apparently some BS with them they going out of business from their scams. maybe i can get that neg into a pos and get to be around 620ish

well i may have had a few inquiry for the car as well as a credit card or two within the last year (was gonna get one for work for expense account) but ended up just paying out of pocket first (figured i could have built credit by paying it off with my reimbursement :/

- - - Updated - - -

since i do not know you, you care to share what your score was? mine is about 575 I think although I just read about USA discounters a little bit ago. apparently some BS with them they going out of business from their scams. maybe i can get that neg into a pos and get to be around 620ish

I would recommend holding off on a Tesla for a while. Put the payment into savings, you will really really really thank yourself later.

mxjSr05.png

- - - Updated - - -

I may try a lease instead. one because in that amount of time the next one out will be way better. and its cheaper. I just need to accurately guess my mileage. but I never really cared for the idea of a lease.

May be out of the question though since I know at 15K miles that's about 62 miles a day average. I will blow 15 in the first 6 months prob. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I may try a lease instead. one because in that amount of time the next one out will be way better. and its cheaper. I just need to accurately guess my mileage. but I never really cared for the idea of a lease.

May be out of the question though since I know at 15K miles that's about 62 miles a day average. I will blow 15 in the first 6 months prob. lol

I've never understood why someone would lease. I've done the math on this many times before to try to justify a lease just to get a lower monthly payment, but it's always come out better to buy. I'd love to hear someone that's come out ahead leasing.

Example: For the 70D spec'd out the way I want it, it's $84,450 (after doc and destination fee). Lease requires $6683 due at signing. So let's say I put that same amount up front for the purchase. Now I'm down to $77,767 that I need to finance. If I get a loan for 72 months at 3%, my payments are $1182/mo. After 36 months, I still owe $40,630. I've paid $45,552. Let's say I put 15k miles per year on it (which I'm not limited to, but to keep it in line with the lease). I turn around and sell the car at that point private party for $50k (which seems reasonable after looking at other Model S private party sales). That's almost $10k back. Oh, and add the $7500 tax rebate from that first year. $17k back in pocket.

On the lease, I paid a total of $35568, and I have to give the car back. Total payments were $5k less that buying, but no cash back on a sale, and no tax rebate.

You come out $12k ahead on the purchase. If you actually keep the car to the end of 6 years and sold it, you'd probably still get $30k (just a guess, since it's new territory). If you can do the payments, get a 3-4 year loan and get even lower interest rates.

Now that said, I'm basing this on both history of ICE cars and sales I found of Teslas via private party that are 3 years old. The one unknown is if in the next 3 years a major advancement and lower price for battery tech comes along with the giga factory. If the jump is big enough and/or the price goes down enough, it could make the current Model S worth next to nothing, much like a 3 year old smartphone or laptop, with the one plus being that the current cars have lifetime supercharger access.

I guess you have to decide if you will stay under the mileage limit and if you want to deal with trying to sell it later. Otherwise, buying/selling will almost always come out ahead of leasing.

View attachment 100998

- - - Updated - - -

My lease versus buy analysis on higher end cars puts the lease option ahead financially but that may be undermined by the tax credit for new purchases.

That said, I would have considered a lease when I got my Sig if they have been offered solely for the ease of upgrading to the latest and greatest model given the rapid rate of change.

Someone removed it, what ever I don't really care. I hit, so what. was just saying, that I would wait until they have had most of them checked is all. Was going to remove it, as it was not really a solicitation. But the animosity to it is also in poor taste.

You should edit your post so its no longer represented in the forums. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw how long did you guys have to wait once you ordered one to get it?

Someone removed it, what ever I don't really care. I hit, so what. was just saying, that I would wait until they have had most of them checked is all. Was going to remove it, as it was not really a solicitation. But the animosity to it is also in poor taste.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, done.

Also fyi There really isn't much mention in the rules about ANYTHING like it it was not even off topic as I was merely mentioning the reason I finally decided to get one, as opposed to financing.

Also was only saying look up the news about it. not BUY IT

- - - Updated - - -

My delivery date keeps fluctuating, but I think no more than 3 months on the very long end of things to as little as one month on the quick side. I think there is a thread on average delivery time with a survey.