Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This seem normal for supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But probably won't, given the increasing mix of Urban SC means it becomes both a bit less relevant and somewhat more complicated story.
true w/ the urban SC's, which do take care of this problem.
but damn it sucks on a road trip to 'need' to keep moving my car when people park in my paired spot when there are 2 other unpaired sets of SC's. I get tired of explaining how it works at most SC's. I have spent hours of time doing it. and several e-mails to Tesla. F'ING not that hard to explain quickly at delivery!
I was skiing on Thursday and using 2- 15 minute charge stops on the way home. First stop I had just parked and 2 minutes later an X pulls in and takes my pair- my 116 drops to 70kW and they are getting ~40kW wondering why they are not getting a good charge. Instantly I moved and explained to them and the other car at the SC how it works. Both totally clueless and the X was on their first road trip (2 1/2 years in! thinking this SC charge rate kind of sucks and it is not at all like it was advertised...) this would have more than doubled my stop time. not cool
I think the sales people don't even know how SC pairing works maybe ???

their first road trip (2 1/2 years in!
TBF they could have been told and easily forgotten in that time. :) Probably weren't.

I hear you, though.

EDIT: I usually go with "it is urinal rules, don't park next to someone unless you have to". That approach is not without its flaws, since a few of the old SC have the 1A 2A 3A 1B 2B 3B ordering and also I change it up a bit when talking with women incase they are unaware of said etiquette. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
On a Model 3? Get that looked at, stat. You normally shouldn't be dropping below 100kW until at least 50% SOC. 60kW somewhere around 70kW or so. This time of year in Indiana, if it gets left outside and the battery is cold soaked that's a different thing. But above freezing temps (either parked in a semi-heated garage overnight, or above freezing temps overnight) that's entirely abnormal. Orlando, where OP is, very rarely gets cold enough for something like that.

View attachment 369277

Some are seeing even later drop-off than the above data, from a 2017 build vehicle.

I guess I assumed by battery is fully warmed up when I have full regen. Maybe it is still cold which is why I see slow speeds more often than not. I picked my M3 up in November so I have only known cold weather charging.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I guess I assumed by battery is fully warmed up when I have full regen. Maybe it is still cold which is why I see slow speeds more often than not. I picked my M3 up in November so I have only known cold weather charging.
Yeah, it can still be too cold for full charging as far as the SC is concerned even after good enough for regen. There’s a lot of mass to heat up, takes a lot of time.