Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anon2

Of Course I Trust You Will Do The Right Thing
Tesla announces its plans to establish a factory in Shanghai. Further strengthening China as an electric car maker. When I saw a buzz meet on YouTube questions being fielded to CEO Elon Musk included production for China.

Got me excited about FINALLY American manufactured goods being exported overseas on large order to one of our major import sources. BUT Tesla establishing a plant there definitely paints a somewhat different picture. How goes this deal? China keeps gaining while America maintains a strong import status? Or is there something in the negotiations which certifies just cuz it's made here it'll still boast credit MADE FIRST IN USA? Tesla obviously benefits from much lower manufacturing costs that include labor. More so not being completely subject to US Corporate tax structure. Ownership benefits made more attractive by lowering or elimination of sundry electric vehicle registration taxes and fees. Otherwise imposed on gas fueled cars. Yet it would be most excellent to have our own plants produce most, if not all, international inventory. Tesla as electric vehicle manufacture pioneer in reestablishing USA as major exporter, particularly to China.

There's that and Solarcity Roseville layoffs. Recently issues $1.8 billion in senior notes. Guaranteed by SolarCity. Tesla paid off over $300 million of SolarCity's debt. Actual net cash raised $1.5 billion. Will the 63 former employees impacted by layoff get first crack at purchasing notes post "seasoning period"? Unless, of course, there's possibility of callback. Of laidoff workers, that is.

Saving best for last. An upnote. Innovative electric car manufacturer now offers charging stations in major cities for owners who do not have garages in which to recharge their Models. These stations, not so large as a Supercharger stop, were opened in Boston and Chicago on Monday. Idea is to situate them near grocery stores and retail shopping. Kill two birds with a single stone with the term, "Charge."

Thoughts?