Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with EnhancedAP to receive 3k discount on FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New discounted FSD at $3000 is also showing up on my account (EAP purchased)

I'm tempted to pull the trigger as well since I regret not purchasing when it was listed at $2000. My only concern is that EAP/FSD are not tied to an account but rather your vehicle/VIN.

If you total your car and insurance is not willing to pay for those upgrades that a instant loss of money. I know people requested to receive a receipt of purchase from Tesla for FSD but is that sufficient to ensure insurance will cover the software upgrade?

So I reached out to my insurance company (Geico) yesterday in regards to see if they have any available coverage for software upgrades.
This was their response.

Screen Shot.png

I replied asking if there any options I can add this as a customization to my current policy?

Screen Shot 1.png

Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain the difference between Extended Autopilot and Autopilot? I bought my Tesla back in March with Autopilot but not FSD. So is my Autopilot functionality different from EAP? Do I qualify for the $3k upgrade? I'm showing a $6K upgrade to FSD in my Tesla account.