Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD $ info, please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an 2022 M3P. FSD was $15,000 when I purchased. For that amount it was not needed.

Then Tesla came out with EAP for $6,000. I purchased EAP, leaving FSD now costing $9,000 on my app

Yesterday, I noticed FSD was down to $6,000 on my app

Is the $6,000 a temporary discounted price for those that have EAP and it will go up?

For $6,000 I'm tempted

I have an 2022 M3. FSD was $15,000 when I purchased. For that amount it was not needed.

Then Tesla came out with EAP for $6,000. I purchased EAP, leaving FSD now costing $9,000 on my app

Is the $6,000 a temporary discounted price for those that have EAP?

For $6,000 I'm Tempted

The generic price is listed for a new Tesla:

EAP: $6,000
or
FSD: $12,000

Since your price is in your app, it is not for a new car, it is for your individual scenario.

Since you already paid EAP for $6,000, your individual price for FSD is now $6,000 for a total of $12,000 for both payments.

Tesla can change at any time so it's impossible for me to speculate whether the prices are temporary or permanent.

I have an 2022 M3P. FSD was $15,000 when I purchased. For that amount it was not needed.

Is the $6,000 a temporary discounted price for those that have EAP and it will go up?

For $6,000 I'm tempted

You have EAP, right? That means a FSD subscription should be $99 a month. That means you could subscribe to FSD for 5 years straight, before you broke even with the 6k you are thinking about spending now on it (not counting any interest on the 6k, etc).

All Tesla prices are temporary.
That means they are liable to go up, or down. At any time.

For $6,000 I'm tempted

For $6K you could also upgrade suspension and attend many driving schools to make yourself a better, safer, and more competent driver.
Your you can buy a piece of vaporware that has been over-hyped for about 7 years and running.

Your choice.

You have EAP, right? That means a FSD subscription should be $99 a month. That means you could subscribe to FSD for 5 years straight, before you broke even with the 6k you are thinking about spending now on it (not counting any interest on the 6k, etc).

Yes, I did notice subscription was

Yes, you are correct. A subscription is only $99 a month. That might be the way to go. For some reason I didn't think about that.

All Tesla prices are temporary.
That means they are liable to go up, or down. At any time.

For $6K you could also upgrade suspension and attend many driving schools to make yourself a better, safer, and more competent driver.
Your you can buy a piece of vaporware that has been over-hyped for about 7 years and running.

Your choice.

Suspension, I have considered that for some time and probably would have except for the loss of warranty in that area of the car, that scares me

Having not tried FSD since the days of 'lane ping pong' (years ago) - we just subscribed for the Beta.

I want my money back for the FSD subscription (2022 Model 3LR).

It's what Autopilot should be, but FSD can't do anything on my local roads with any level of safety (opposite really, almost a joke).
On the interstate, it's leap and bounds better than Autopilot, never tried Enhanced Autopilot.

At $99 a month subscription, $6K is about 61 months before breakeven. I think I'll keep it a la carte.

I am coming to the conclusion, that's what I am going to do.

Regarding the subscription, do you know if once the subscription is started, do you get to use full FSD right away?

In 2019 when I purchased my M3SR, I ordered FSD for $3000 and it took the car almost 30 days to test my driving to see if I were worth of using full FSD. The car graded me at 99% and it still took a while before I was allowed to become a FSD beta tester and use the full FSD.

Is turning on the subscription the same thing? Tested to see if allowed to use full FSD?

Thanks for the info.

I have decided to do a subscription if I wanted to play with FSD and that is all it will be, a toy to play with

EAP, I use daily and to me that was worth the $$$ but FSD, not so much

Thanks everyone for the knowledge

Just think of it as a rental fee. If you subscribe to FSD for a couple months and really love it (hey it happens, some people really love it), then you just paid a couple of $99 rental fees to find out. If you end up deciding you only want to use it sometimes, you can stop subscribing and re subscribe.

If you decide it isnt for you, you only paid a couple months rental fees to find out. In all cases, you basically get the information thats relevant to you, for a relatively low entry point (unlike when we had to buy it outright to find out).

This feature is pretty polarizing as it comes to feedback online, so its hard to go by that, but you can get direct feedback, for yourself, for a relatively low entry cost, and take action (or not) accordingly.

Reactions: JimShaw
My car’s 5 years old at this point. If I were to do it, I’d go with the subscription, no doubt. As it is the EAP have works so well for me, the FSD in its current form isn’t really needed. Now, if it did what Tesla claimed it’d be doing by now, it would be well worth it to me.

It is interesting that Elon reduced the purchase price of F$D (by 20%) after saying he wouldn’t when asked directly on an earnings call. No one in their right mind would buy it at $15k given it’s current state and lack of transferability.

I wish other software upgrades would occasionally go on sale. How about the Acceleration Boost for $1,000 or EAP for $3,999? It’s free money for Tesla. It’s not like they’d need to go out and hire more customer support people to staff their non-existent customer-support line. 🙄

It is interesting that Elon reduced the purchase price of F$D (by 20%) after saying he wouldn’t when asked directly on an earnings call. No one in their right mind would buy it at $15k given it’s current state and lack of transferability.

I wish other software upgrades would occasionally go on sale. How about the Acceleration Boost for $1,000 or EAP for $3,999? It’s free money for Tesla. It’s not like they’d need to go out and hire more customer support people to staff their non-existent customer-support line. 🙄
You can transfer FSD to a new purchase by the end of this quarter. And the FSDb is quite good! But V12 will likely be here in 6 months or so.

I am coming to the conclusion, that's what I am going to do.

Regarding the subscription, do you know if once the subscription is started, do you get to use full FSD right away?

In 2019 when I purchased my M3SR, I ordered FSD for $3000 and it took the car almost 30 days to test my driving to see if I were worth of using full FSD. The car graded me at 99% and it still took a while before I was allowed to become a FSD beta tester and use the full FSD.

Is turning on the subscription the same thing? Tested to see if allowed to use full FSD?
Back at the end of May, when the beta went wide, it took time after subscribing. Mine took a day, others more. I don't hear of people having to wait now, but make sure your software is up-to-date. A week ago, I was on 2023.26.10 which meant if I subscribed I'd get FSDb 11.3.6; but since I got updated to 2023.32.4, now supposedly I'd get 11.4.4. I think the current beta is now up to 11.4.7. Of course, some of these small revisions depend, I think, on whether you have Hardware 3 or 4.