Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Autopilot gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - new here. Just purchase a MYLR and at the time it included Advanced autopilot. I had a seat repair that took *forever* and just got the car back to see that it is gone but I can upgrade to FSD for 2k. I saw an article from Tesla stating this but it didn’t provide too much information. I’m hoping someone here might have a little insight as it wasn’t really explained to me at delivery. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2417.jpeg
    IMG_2417.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi all - new here. Just purchase a MYLR and at the time it included Advanced autopilot. I had a seat repair that took *forever* and just got the car back to see that it is gone but I can upgrade to FSD for 2k. I saw an article from Tesla stating this but it didn’t provide too much information. I’m hoping someone here might have a little insight as it wasn’t really explained to me at delivery. Thanks in advance!
The picture you included says "Enhanced Autopilot."

So, it looks like you bought "Enhanced Autopilot," but you still mistakenly think there's another one called "Advanced Autopilot."

Tesla has never sold "Advanced Autopilot," just "Enhanced Autopilot." You can see that acronym a lot "EAP."

Does that help? Or are you still confused?

Sorry, my typo. I guess what I’m getting at is there were some features at the time of purchase that were greater than than just autopilot and now it seems that mid point between it and FSD is gone.
There are 3 autopilot options. Basic Autopilot comes with every tesla for free. You have Enhanced Autopliot which is a $6,000 upgrade. Then there is Full Self Driving for $8,000. They recently got rid of the Enhanced Autopliot but your car has it grandfathered in. This is why they are giving you the option to upgrade to FSD for only $2,000 not $8,000. I hope this helps. Plus you have the Acceleration Boost thats a $2,000 option. Depending on what you spent on this, i would say you got a great deal.

There are 3 autopilot options. Basic Autopilot comes with every tesla for free. You have Enhanced Autopliot which is a $6,000 upgrade. Then there is Full Self Driving for $8,000. They recently got rid of the Enhanced Autopliot but your car has it grandfathered in. This is why they are giving you the option to upgrade to FSD for only $2,000 not $8,000. I hope this helps. Plus you have the Acceleration Boost thats a $2,000. Depending on what you spent on this, i would say you got a great deal.
Yeah that was my understanding at time of purchase. It seems between purchase time second week of April and pick up time this week enhanced has been removed.

I was granted a free trial of FSD which I am currently using. It seems features like auto park and summon, which were included in enhanced, are now only part of FSD.
Are they turned off in your car?

They are settings that can be disabled.

They are still included with EAP, which even though it's not for sale, is still available to those who paid for it. ‘Navigate on Autopilot,’ ‘Auto Lane Change,’ ‘Autopark,’ ‘Summon,’ and ‘Smart Summon.’ are included in this, but can be disabled or enabled in the car.

Sorry, my typo. I guess what I’m getting at is there were some features at the time of purchase that were greater than than just autopilot and now it seems that mid point between it and FSD is gone.

As @dandiggz explained. Tesla no longer sells EAP. However, if you have already bought EAP, it will not disappear.

I was granted a free trial of FSD which I am currently using. It seems features like auto park and summon, which were included in enhanced, are now only part of FSD.

If you haven't bought EAP or FSD before, you are correct that Tesla only sells auto park and summon in FSD because it no longer sells EAP.

However, if you already bought EAP, auto park and summon are still there and you don't need to buy FSD to get those features.

As @dandiggz explained. Tesla no longer sells EAP. However, if you have already bought EAP, it will not disappear.

If you haven't bought EAP or FSD before, you are correct that Tesla only sells auto park and summon in FSD because it no longer sells EAP.

However, if you already bought EAP, auto park and summon are still there and you don't need to buy FSD to get those features.

Ah, I see. Thank you - that clears it up.

Reactions: Tam
I bought EAP on my 2023 M3, and quite disappointed with Tesla: summon and smart summon are not there. No way to enable it as the car has no parking sensors and just cameras.

I had the latest update which came with 1 month of FSD and I could see many improvements with the smoothness of the self driving, speed selected by autopilot, on-board better display, overall much more natural.

Sadly, after the month is over, nit only do I lose the city streets driving (that's fine as I do mainly highway), but all the other improvements reverted back as well! Meaning the even on the highway, no nice display, and taking the offramp is often not too natural, etc.

Seems to me that Tesla decided to stop all developments on EAP, and this leaves all who bought EAP with the option of having paid $6k for almost nothing, or upgrading to FSD and trusting that Tesla will make summon and smart summon work on Tesla vision before we need to upgrade the car!

Most tech companies would have simply offered a free upgrade if they can a product that customers paid for. Tesla wants more money for FSD, with summon and smart summon not "limited" but simply not available nor visible to all 2023 and 2024 cars that have cameras only.